Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAC1 WORX FOR SALE
alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
MAC1 WORX FOR SALE

My 2006 Mac1 Worx is up for sale, due to a project coming my way and no room for the two. Which im gutted about!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230319131632

[Edited on 13/1/09 by alexbishop123]

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/1/09 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
does this new project involve smelly nappies?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Turbo hayabusa more like.
Guinness

posted on 13/1/09 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexbishop123
Turbo hayabusa more like.

So yes then!

Mike

alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
I guess you may be right! Do these come with a lifetime supply?
alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wondered your thoughts guys, anyone had a CSL?

Posted elsewhere too : Do you think im mad selling the Mac1 and the S3 for a M3 CSL for daily drive/track day? Oh and adding another £8k on top too, which i have got to find.

Its just i only use the Mac1 when its dry and sunny and pay 2 insurances and would want something that can drive everyday with track performance, oh and within budget too. The CSL is a perfect track/day car, and sounds astonishing.

i have thought of a Hayabusa project this year but going back to having a weekend car and 2 insurances and can only enjoy for an hour as it takes your face off when you give it a tickle. 11,000RPM and a blur cant be beaten!

Comments would be appreciated to help me decide!

neilj37

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
I have to pay 2 insurances and to be quite honest do not mind. The insurance on the MNR is just over £100/year the tax is more than this.

Quite a few people i know went down your route and have eventually gone back to 2 cars as they missed the driving experience in a seven.

alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have to pay £550 on the Mac1 and £** for the S3. Not really an issue but makes things easier if i can spend all my love and money on one car. Then consider another BEC when ive got the spare readies.
Hmm... but i can see this happening, going back. Think it will be very hard to find something to compete against. Pure & Raw driving. Thanks for ur thoughts.

nick205

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
If you oly want to run one car the CSL would seem a good option. Until (if I'm reading this right) you need to get a car seat, baby, SWMBO and associated crap in there with you. Trust me you'll long for back doors

Of course if SWMBO has her own car for that kind of journey then CSL yourself silly

alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
If you oly want to run one car the CSL would seem a good option. Until (if I'm reading this right) you need to get a car seat, baby, SWMBO and associated crap in there with you. Trust me you'll long for back doors

Of course if SWMBO has her own car for that kind of journey then CSL yourself silly

Think the baby is going to be a while yet. I hope. So no baby seats for sure on that alcantara. Being only 21yrs few months back, so no plans apart from track work and prehaps to be sure stripping the back seats right out.

Spud99

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I think its the worng time of the year to be selling your Mac 1. Maybe if you held onto it for a few more months. You might just get me biting your hand off to buy it.

If only i had the money now !!!

alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spud99
I think its the worng time of the year to be selling your Mac 1. Maybe if you held onto it for a few more months. You might just get me biting your hand off to buy it.

If only i had the money now !!!

JAN is a relatively good time to sell a summer beast. I think the Credit Crunch is a problem though. Great for first time buyers but not if your having to move a car on for another. Or in my case 2 cars.

stevebubs

posted on 13/1/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
m3 csl - isn't that the one with the cf roof and a 10k premium they had real trouble selling when new?
alexbishop123

posted on 13/1/09 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
m3 csl - isn't that the one with the cf roof and a 10k premium they had real trouble selling when new?

It is the one with the CarbonF roof yes. Not sure bout the troubles they had when new, Because they sold all 422 made as soon as they were released.

Meeerrrk

posted on 15/1/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
ive tried the "nice fast road car/occasional track car" thing but it isnt all roses. Take it on track and youll be scared to push it to its potential. something liek an M3 e46 will DRINK fuel daily, the extra on top of a "run about" will probably go through the cost of a years insurance for the kit car in a few months!
i guess it depends, i must admit i have struggled to get used to a crappy daily car (i got a 2.0l Zetec Focus) when im used to having plush, fast road cars (had rx8,leon cupra r, mini cooper s, audi tt)

if i were you, after being in both situations, id have the S3 and a kit car, best of both

Mark

For Sale : 2008 Aries/Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locoblade (954 Blade)

alexbishop123

posted on 16/1/09 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meeerrrk
ive tried the "nice fast road car/occasional track car" thing but it isnt all roses. Take it on track and youll be scared to push it to its potential. something liek an M3 e46 will DRINK fuel daily, the extra on top of a "run about" will probably go through the cost of a years insurance for the kit car in a few months!
i guess it depends, i must admit i have struggled to get used to a crappy daily car (i got a 2.0l Zetec Focus) when im used to having plush, fast road cars (had rx8,leon cupra r, mini cooper s, audi tt)

if i were you, after being in both situations, id have the S3 and a kit car, best of both

Mark

Thanks mark for your comments, Comments like that can almost, almost change my mind. lol...But to be honest petrol isnt really a biggy as i only do 5k miles/yr. Work is 7miles and work half the week.

I can always go back to a BEC and prob will, but without the change i can not compare and dont know any different.

BEC are without a doubt one of the best rushes and cant beat it. May keep the mac1 and sell in the summer. Not sure.

cheers,

procomp

posted on 16/1/09 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I can not for the life of me remember which company it is that hire out a CSL as part of there fleet for trackdays. But it might be worth a go to see if the CSl will do what you want on trackdays.
They sure as hell push the CSL to it's limits whilst on the track and it was with a talented driver as quick as most of the average guys in thier Kit cars.

As i say cant remember the company but they were regularly at Donington if you fancy pursuing them.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alexbishop123

posted on 16/1/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
i have sort of committed to a csl, putting deposit down at weekend as it seems a good buy, with AP brakes all round(£4k) turner motorsport limiter kit+bushes.

I know a kit would kill the CSL on track but sort of expected with a road car, but on straights like the Ring it will show its true colours. They say if you want to be king of the nurburg get a CSL and clarkson loves the CSL and must say something with the comparisons he drives. One of the best sounding engine notes, Love the Rasp. I only heard good things about it really.

thanks for the comments and thoughts, keep them coming guys.

[Edited on 16/1/09 by alexbishop123]

Meeerrrk

posted on 16/1/09 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexbishop123Thanks mark for your comments, Comments like that can almost, almost change my mind. lol...But to be honest petrol isnt really a biggy as i only do 5k miles/yr. Work is 7miles and work half the week.

I can always go back to a BEC and prob will, but without the change i can not compare and dont know any different.

BEC are without a doubt one of the best rushes and cant beat it. May keep the mac1 and sell in the summer. Not sure.

cheers,

No probs, to be honest, by the sounds of it you do want to go for it and what a car to chose, the CSL is a brilliant all rounder. Go for it, you can always sell it and get/build another kit later in life, even if it is only a year.
best of luck
Mark

For Sale : 2008 Aries/Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locoblade (954 Blade)

alexbishop123

posted on 16/1/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
all rounder is just what im after, well put. Jack of all trades i say.
alexbishop123

posted on 20/2/09 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Mac1 is now sold. Brought the CSL last month after selling the S3 and is superb. Just cant wait to track it now. Hope to see some of you there. look out for me.
greggors84

posted on 21/2/09 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
21 and looking for a CSL? Can I have your Job!!

How much better than the standard M3 really are the CSLs. If your not flat out round a track will you really notice the lighter weight and tweaker suspension? Same goes for Nurburgring, except for the brakes maybe.

Anyway, enjoy the new car, I think they look and sound amazing!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

alexbishop123

posted on 21/2/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
21 and looking for a CSL? Can I have your Job!!

How much better than the standard M3 really are the CSLs. If your not flat out round a track will you really notice the lighter weight and tweaker suspension? Same goes for Nurburgring, except for the brakes maybe.

Anyway, enjoy the new car, I think they look and sound amazing!

On Road: There really are chalk and cheese. I have driven the standard M3 and standard is for everyday, built with comfort and luxury equipped with sat nav, heated seats leather reclining seats, softer ride, weight and much much quieter.

As soon as you climb into the CSL with those recaro seats which hug you to death, feel like your in a race car already. The ride is much harder with no roll when cornering, in comparison to my Mac1 Worx its similar there apart from i can use everyday which i do, as i work 7mile from home. It is a real thoroughbred!

...As for the sound, you would be presently suprised. If you have seen them throught youtube, video etc x20.. it sounds so much better in the flesh. with sports mode on and hovering at 3.5RPM then tickle it sounds awesome. Realy does sound like a Lambo, with a german cleverly designed CarbonF air intake and flap, sport cars and thinner walls on exhuast system, Similar to the F430 scud valve flap, different exhaust note at dif RPM.

The brakes are the first mod as the OEM are crap, after 15mins on track you will decide to upgrade. luckily they were fitted APs front/rear by the previous garage and I say luckily as they are £4.5k. Turner Motorsport Limiter Kit also fitted before (corrects tail end happy) + few other mods too....

Michelin Cups are the next step as I have Michelin PS2s on at the moment for everyday inc wet. Cups acting like slicks with over 1.5G in corning when reaching optimum temp on track. This will give the edge when on track, similar to the 888 on the Mac1, but never got them quite warm enough on road to experience there grip levels. Which was a real shame.

As for track im not sure but can only go by other owners and reputation which I am very confident about.
Just cant wait to get it to the track. They say they really flex their muscles and test what they were built for. Hope to see some of you on track.

As for selling the Mac1 which I would have loved to have kept, I wanted to do a few track days and Nurburg, meaning having to get a trailer and traveling to germany towing, when I could have driven there in a car suitable enjoying every mile getting there and then enjoying on track. Thats where the CSL came in.

Are there any tack days coming up which you lot are going to?

Also anyone done the CAT driving training course in Millbrook? got 8 CSLs going from our forum, but would be good to have some feedback.

Few pics:

]

[Edited on 21/2/09 by alexbishop123]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.