Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA delay?
chrisg

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
IVA delay?

I've been speaking to a few people at VOSA today about obtaining a final draft of the IVA regulations.

It's still not available and the manual contents "have not been finalised".

With two months to the change over, I asked the obvious question.

"How can people build, and be tested on, a standard when the standard is unknown"

The answer was that the draft was "almost finished" and the logistics of printing and distributing the manual meant that there would be a three month lead in.

Can VOSA, from a legal point of view, test vehicles to IVA standards when they haven't published the standard required?

I don't think so.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Hellfire

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Good news if you're still building..........

Phil

bigrich

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
I heard the same rumour earlier this week, Hopefully good news for those on a tight schedule.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

tks

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I've been speaking to a few people at VOSA today about obtaining a final draft of the IVA regulations.

It's still not available and the manual contents "have not been finalised".

With two months to the change over, I asked the obvious question.

"How can people build, and be tested on, a standard when the standard is unknown"

The answer was that the draft was "almost finished" and the logistics of printing and distributing the manual meant that there would be a three month lead in.

Can VOSA, from a legal point of view, test vehicles to IVA standards when they haven't published the standard required?

I don't think so.

Cheers

Chris

The question is if they know what the rulez are gonne be, if they know the def rules, then they can test...

if they don't then they cant test...

for the builders it is another story if they cant build to the rulez... (the rulez should also be found in your law books / law newspaper...

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Guinness

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
What, the Govt cock something up?

Surely not?

It does pose a number of questions though.

What if they never publish the manual, but enforce the test. Could they fail homebuilt cars indefinitely on rules you can't read?

What if they decide to stop doing the SVA tests in April as planned, but then delay the introduction of the IVA tests indefinitely / or until the paperwork is sorted?

Mike

oldtimer

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've been trying to get some answers for a while, keep being told the IVA person isn't available/will call back - then nothing.......
chrisg

posted on 12/2/09 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't speak to the "official" IVA guy, just someone I know, I think they're trying to leak it before the official announcement.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

speedyxjs

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly OT, where can i download the draft? Done a search but im obviously not searching for the right thing. Cant find it anywhere.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

blakep82

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
yep, i was thinking about this last week. they really need to get a proper manual out soon if IVA is to happen in april...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

chrisg

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
draft IVA

Myke 2463

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Draft Manual

Try this.
www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/The%20IVA%20Inspection%20Manual%20for%20M1%

Or Google. European Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA)

Cheers Mike

coozer

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a sticky with it on...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

big_wasa

posted on 12/2/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I hope so three months is all I need.
Fozzie

posted on 12/2/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Slightly OT, where can i download the draft? Done a search but im obviously not searching for the right thing. Cant find it anywhere.

What is the point of 'stickies', if no one reads them? ....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

MikeR

posted on 12/2/09 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzie, its all part of a carefully organised plan to make sure you have something to do (either making stickys or complaining we don't use them). We've got rota's and all sorts .... see we like you that much we want to make sure you have something to do. Strangely its always my turn on the "fozzies great crew" so here we go again .... you're great you are

p.s. lads don't forget this feb isn't a leap year and its rota change next week.

Fozzie

posted on 12/2/09 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Fozzie, its all part of a carefully organised plan to make sure you have something to do (either making stickys or complaining we don't use them). We've got rota's and all sorts .... see we like you that much we want to make sure you have something to do. Strangely its always my turn on the "fozzies great crew" so here we go again .... you're great you are

p.s. lads don't forget this feb isn't a leap year and its rota change next week.

speedyxjs

posted on 12/2/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

What is the point of 'stickies', if no one reads them? ....

Fozzie

Sorry. Didnt see that there
thanks

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Fozzie

posted on 12/2/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
It's only been there, stickied at the top of SVA/Legal section since June of last year.... and Matt has kindly kept it updated with the latest 'editions/updates'.....

Same with all of the forms for SVA/DVLA etc. and how to fill them out.......mutter.... mutter mutter......grumble.... mutter.....

chrisg

posted on 12/2/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Look Fozzie, do you have the link or not?

tut

Cheers

Chris

Dangle_kt

posted on 12/2/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
interesting stuff.

Fozzie - Don't take it personal I frequent lots of forums and often find people get "sticky blindness" - they get so used to seeing them and ignoring them that its as if they aren't there.

quite often when an event gets turned into a sticky on another forum and responces dry up, a few days as a non sticky revives interest.

Forums need good mods, unsung heroes you "guys" are.

[Edited on 12/2/09 by Dangle_kt]

Fozzie

posted on 13/2/09 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Dangle..I think you are so very right re the 'sticky thread blindness'.

Such a shame really as a few LB members have put a lot of time into getting all of the info into a couple of concise threads, so peeps do not have to keep trawling through the search function to find the answers, or keep making new threads about the same thing!

Ah well.....!!
Thanks for your kind words anyway!
Fozzie

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.