Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone good with MS Access?
mads

posted on 7/3/09 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone good with MS Access?

All you Access gods out there, I need some help!

I'm trying to create 2 features as part of a database I've created.

I've done the form so a user can add data to the table.

Now I want to add a form which will search the table and display all the results found (there may be one or many). Problem is I dont want the user to have the results displayed in the typical access table format. Want it to bring up the results in the search form in a list with limited detail, and if the user selects one of the results, it displays the full details in a subform which has its content change as the user selects different options in the list.

The second feature is to then edit an entry. The user will be able to get the number of the entry using the feature (have got a autonumber field setup) and can then edit the information in, again, a more aesthetically pleasing form.

Anyone able to tell me what I need to do or direct me to a site which walks me through it? I've done a google search but not finding anything that fits what I need.

Thanking you all in advance.

Editted to make it a bit clearer what I am after.

[Edited on 7/3/09 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

tks

posted on 7/3/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
you can create a new form...

then you need to add the controls you want to use...

looks like some combo boxes (pull down controls) are what you need.

to see the complete text just add a huge textbox (enable multiline etc.)

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

dmac

posted on 7/3/09 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Check out the built-in wizards, they will probably lead you through what you want.

If you want to know more then make sure you have installed the northwind database, this is an example database with all sorts of common features, you can see how they have constructed all the forms and if you mess it up, just load another copy.

Duncan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.