Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CARLISLE SVA CENTRE?
daniel mason

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
CARLISLE SVA CENTRE?

Has anyone here had any experiences with the SVA centre at carlisle? my SVA is their on 2nd april! Ihave spoken to a guy called andrew from their and he seems like a relly nice bloke and very helpful.
rb968

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Helped some friends build a Westfield and that passed after an initial fail on emissions. From all accounts the guy there could not have been friendlier. Spoke at length to them in advance and the retest was a 5 min job. All in all very good. Hoping they are as friendly whenever I get my car there for IVA.

PS that was in Sept/Oct.
Rich

daniel mason

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
thanks rich. seems like there is a few kits from cumbria on this site! are you going on the lakes trip this year with the mnr boys?
rb968

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
When is it? If its late summer then maybe ! Depends on finances to get mine finished. A long way to go yet. Am busy tackling wiring at the moment but have had the engine running etc so am pretty confident.

Rich

myke pocock

posted on 12/3/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I have also spoken to Andrew at the centre and he gave me some tips and suggestions. My test is on the 25th March at Carlisle. Just need to get the x flow engine running OK and the headlights lined up then its go.
daniel mason

posted on 12/3/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
good luck mate. hope he is as friendly as he sounds.
daniel mason

posted on 12/3/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Rich!take a look in mnr vortx section under 2009 camping weekend.think its september

[Edited on 12/3/09 by daniel mason]

romer

posted on 13/3/09 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
good luck mate. hope he is as friendly as he sounds.

[Edited on 12/3/09 by daniel mason]

He is.
I work on that estate and on occasion have need to deal with him in connection with work.

Many a time I have gone down to see him about something and ended up drooling over someones car being SVA'd.
From our discussions regarding kit car SVAs I'd say he would be very fair. He has a job to do and a responsible one at that.
If he can help I would think he would.

Best of luck.

[Edited on 13/3/09 by romer]

mbate

posted on 13/3/09 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Andy is very fair and spent all the test telling me what he was doing and why.

Andy really liked the way the car was presented (clean and tidy) and commented on the way I have covered all the electrics with split plastic covering,

Myself and a fellow Westy owner have both passed there and would recommend Andy and Carisle to anyone, in fact I chose Carisle over Manchester because of the remmondations of a friend.

And Jayne in reception makes a cracking cup of coffeee!!!!!

[Edited on 13/3/09 by mbate]

Happy to Help

irvined

posted on 13/3/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Despite a fail at the time, I had a very pleasant experience at Carlisle, guy was very fair, and very helpful. Discussed exactly what would need to be modified for the pass etc.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

myke pocock

posted on 13/3/09 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Whoopee! This all make me feel better. Roll on the 25th.
vindicator

posted on 13/3/09 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
if you want to feel any better, read all the posts from builders who have just completed their first SVA test. Nearly all people said that 1) they could not sleep before the test....
2) the Inspector was very helpful
3) it did not matter if the car passed first time or failed, the builders enjoyed the day.

Not only is your car being inspected but if you listen to the inspector you get an awful lot of help. If you are not in the trade, then this advice is invaluable.

When I had mine, I was just enjoyed that I had got it to the SVA centre. Ok, if did not pass first time, but as I said I am not in the trade and some things where trivial, but I missed them.

Get a good nights sleep, and enjoy the day out. You will only experience this once unless you build another car from scratch later on.

ATB

TimR

[Edited on 13-3-2009 by vindicator]

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.