Author: Subject: Mac #1 build so far...
giggsy

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mac #1 build so far...

Tub nearly done etc. Rescued attachment kit car 006.JPG
Rescued attachment kit car 006.JPG

Flamez

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi giggsy, I was wondering how you were progressing. Have you "floored" the engine bay, just beware my sump hangs 2-3" below the chassis rail. However my engine is the '04 model.

I wonder how much it improves air flow and is there any detriment to engine cooling.

Panelling looks cool

[Edited on 11-6-09 by Flamez]

my build mac1motorsports

giggsy

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
cv joints, that's not me in the photo my farm engineer worker! Rescued attachment kit car 013.JPG
Rescued attachment kit car 013.JPG

zx10r

giggsy

posted on 11/6/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Should be ok, my engine is a 07 10r spence has done it although he did leave the front part of the floor pan open.R1 engines seem to get hot and run hot. My friends who two of them have 07/08 R1's burn their legs in the summer.As most other 1000's don't seem to be like this.As you know R1 rads have twin fans to aid this, so coupled to the zx10r lump should be ok? if not i will cut some louvres in in floor.

zx10r

giggsy

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to say phil, i drove to carmarthen this week to pick up a small trailer well it was at st clears. Was about 173 miles from where i live, ps your car looks great is that passenger foot plate good?

zx10r

Flamez

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I guess you bought a trailer from csl then... I had them price up a car transporter for me but it was still too expensive.

You could have called in for a coffee..

The footplate is to stop people kicking the front bulkhead out as it holds all my electrics. However it robs a bit of legroom. Alright for the wife a bit restrictive for others.

I was at a sprint in pembrey last weekend [just watching] and noticed that most preferred plating the tunnel and rear whilst fitting underside diffusers.

[Edited on 11-6-09 by Flamez]

my build mac1motorsports

giggsy

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
CLH trailers are very good although i brought a new ifor williams car transporter for £1400, 2600kg gross weight.As i hope to do trackdays once it's up and running.I have left the prop shaft tunnel open maybe i will close it but it's not like we are building F1 cars chasing ten's of a seconds in lap times. I just want to keep the engine clean from road crap.

zx10r

Flamez

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
LOL its not the engine you want to keep clean its you and the cockpit. Everytime I go out the front wheels spray road stones and everything else into the cockpit. need to be really careful near farmers gates lol.

When it rains [and I always said I'd never go out in the rain] the front wheels just redirect all the cleared water over you.

About to fit mudflaps before setting off for newark

my build mac1motorsports

grusks2

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
HI james, looking good, yep my engine bay has a floor but has a cut out for the sump. My whole car has been covered under neath even by the diff and fuel tank. Dont know if it made any difference apart from filling up with gravel at clearways when i went for a spin.

The only thing i did notice is that before i fitted the rear diffuser and under tray, my helmet would try and lift up/pull off my head at 100mph+ but there is a none now, and less bufferting, must be the way the air comes out and over the back...??????

My temp was fine on the track yesterday.

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

Flamez

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi spence, I'm off to Anglesey July and September, Fancy it?

its where 5th gear did their testing with plato and nedell.

my build mac1motorsports

grusks2

posted on 12/6/09 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ill look into it, what dates and who you booked with, its a long way away for me though but a old college of mine Dave Hart is/was an instructor there aint seen him for 10 years

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

Flamez

posted on 12/6/09 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grusks2
Ill look into it, what dates and who you booked with, its a long way away for me though but a old college of mine Dave Hart is/was an instructor there aint seen him for 10 years

Sunday 19th July but it seems full of skylines??? £195

Friday 4th September £185

Both booked with www.bookatrack.co.uk

my build mac1motorsports

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.