Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shipping crates off topic!
locoboy

posted on 5/8/09 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Shipping crates off topic!

Guys i'm investigating the possibility of shipping wooden crates of car components overseas.

Some of the destination countries dictate that the pallet and crate must be made of fumigated or heat treated timber and bear the forestry commision stamp.

Does anyone know of a source for such timber so i can make my own crates?

Thanks

ATB
Locoboy

mad4x4

posted on 5/8/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I think that the company that makes them has to be certified.... so sorry no DIY.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

SteveWalker

posted on 5/8/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
Guys i'm investigating the possibility of shipping wooden crates of car components overseas.

Some of the destination countries dictate that the pallet and crate must be made of fumigated or heat treated timber and bear the forestry commision stamp.

Does anyone know of a source for such timber so i can make my own crates?

Thanks

Not a clue, but it might be worth a call to a manufacturer of large equipment to see what they know. I used to work for a manufacturer of *large* compressors - they've since closed the plant or I'd ask them for you. They used to get things like this all the time - or even requirements for the larger crates to be suitably constructed to be used as habitable buildings after unpacking!

miikae

posted on 5/8/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
It may well be worth phoneing your local forestry commision office for advice. As there must be a leaflet or two on the subject.

Mike

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
road warrior

posted on 5/8/09 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
The timber needs to meet ISPM 15 Import Regulations. The stuff I receive is usually marked Russian or Swedish Whitewood and is heat treated at 56 deg C for 30 minutes.

It costs a fair bit more than a standard crate for obvious reasons.

I hope this helps.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.