Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Winter Mods
grusks2

posted on 20/9/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Winter Mods

Im planning some changes over the winter, before the little ones pops out and im banned from anywhere near my workshop lol

Im planning on a full cage, raise the seat so i can see where im going, sort out leaking driveshaft, maybe move my clocks so i can see the rev counter in the heat of battle, and maybe a paddle shift.

As for the paddle shift, where is the best place to get the clamp that goes on the steering column, rose joints and the cable for the shift. Or even better does anyone sell a complete kit.........??????

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

omega0684

posted on 20/9/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
make sure that you take some photos of your progress so we can see how your getting on, good luck!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Flamez

posted on 21/9/09 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi grusks,

I raised my seat 1" with little benefit. I use booster cushion now. I would consider altering the angle of your seat. They are tilted backwards. Longer back seat supports may be the answer

my build mac1motorsports

john77cars

posted on 21/9/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
let me know how you get on with the paddle shift,my car has same streering colume as your car,i would like to put one on mine as well.
grusks2

posted on 22/9/09 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
With 219 view and only 3 replays im not having a lot of luck with ideas where to get the bits let alone make anything ha ha

Flamez

posted on 22/9/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grusks2
With 219 view and only 3 replays im not having a lot of luck with ideas where to get the bits let alone make anything ha ha

flat ally bar from mark and col?

my build mac1motorsports

shaun fulcrum

posted on 23/9/09 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
AB Performance do a paddle shift unit for a sierra column. Mine works a treat
bi22le

posted on 23/9/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I thought you said you may sell it!!

AB performance do a good paddle shift kit. Many people get some after market laser cut paddles though because they can bend.

regarding the seat height: Tilt the seat forward. That will give you the 1" you need.

Regarding the roll cage.. Are you going to get the extra required plates wedded in the sides to mount the side bars or are you thinking custom cage? Shame I didnt nick my old roll cage from my Worx before it got taken away or you could of had that. My old car is sitting in scrap heap somewhere. No idea where though! Good luck with the mods. Ill join you with my new toy at Brands next summer!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Flamez

posted on 23/9/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Shame I didnt nick my old roll cage from my Worx before it got taken away or you could of had that. My old car is sitting in scrap heap somewhere. No idea where though! Good luck with the mods. Ill join you with my new toy at Brands next summer!!

What happened to your car? you could have only had it for about 4 weeks?

my build mac1motorsports

grusks2

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I thought you said you may sell it!!

AB performance do a good paddle shift kit. Many people get some after market laser cut paddles though because they can bend.

I get bored very quickly, and always want to be building things, soon as i get on the track and use it, i change my mind and want to keep it.

So i bought another small cheaper project to tinker with.

Ill give AB a call

HOL

posted on 25/9/09 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a full Caterham cage sitting in my garage in Kent.

Im thinking of selling my Tiger, so I doubt I'll use it now.

grusks2

posted on 5/10/09 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
winter mods not going to plan at the mo, i somehow bought a 100cc kart and spares and trailer on ebay after being nagged at by my mates who have all bought some karts lol

giggsy

posted on 6/10/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there, i used to do 100cc karting what a nightmare! you should of brought a 125cc rotax max, as they are trouble free electric start, have clutches and are water cooled.These are great what tracks do you have near you?I used to end up pushing mine, seized engine oiled up plugs broken chains, but your love it! By the way! i am still waiting on parts for my car.......?

zx10r

grusks2

posted on 6/10/09 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been racing karts since i was a kid, i did fancy a max rotax but as all my mates went for 100cc i thought it would be a bit unfair. I got a remote electric start and clutch on my 100cc. We was at wild tracks in suffork sunday and i was keeping with the 125 max that was there with his posh push button starter lol

Im got a few tracks near me all within a 1hours drive, im on Tilburys door step ( but thats a sh&thole, ive got rye house, buckmore park, bayford meadows, and lakeside but they dont allow 2 strokes.

What parts you awating for......?

giggsy

posted on 6/10/09 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
100cc are very quick we used to have hassle anyway, karting great fun does the mac#1 feel like an over size kart? I just need the rest of brakes/suspension/ drive line and many smaller things.

zx10r

Nash

posted on 6/10/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
What 100cc outfit did you buy? TKM? oh and in your list of tracks close by you missed out Lydd. If you haven't been there it is a fantastic track even if the facilities are less attractive.

BTW Rotax MAX's are not trouble free. Having said that they are compared to TKM's!! and if you had bought a Rotax MAX I could have sold you a Technical DVD on Maintaining the MAX via Karting Magazine online shop.

For me Karts feel quicker then cars, certainly in the corners. It certainly is the purest form of motorsport IMHO

.........Neil

[Edited on 6/10/09 by Nash]

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.