Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New project - not MAC1 but...
liamb

posted on 5/5/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
New project - not MAC1 but...

Hi guys,

Hope you are all good?

I've been out of the kit car scene for a bit mucking around with a production car toy but I decided to sell up and jump straight back in to a build.

Unfortunately, I haven't ordered another MAC1 or any 7 style car but have decided to tackle an AK cobra this time round.

Still, I plan to visit the factory a few times this summer and maybe catch up with people at Newark.

Hopefully there will be a few MAC1 builders at the show?

Cheers
Liam

bigrich

posted on 5/5/10 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Ehup mate,
I new the Aston was up for sale. you don.t seem to have had it 2 minutes. Was the reality of owning one not quite the dream or was it just not you?

Anyway about this cobra, are we talking small block yank v8 etc

Mark and Col look after a Dax Tojeiro for big Andy, Really nice kit and a very strong performer. Have you got a short list yet or is it early days?

As for Newark the usual suspects will be there i'm sure

Rich

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

liamb

posted on 5/5/10 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Rich,

The Aston was a lovely car but it was, at the end of the day, an expensive and not very well built car.

The engine was great and it sounded amazing. It was fast too (but not as fast as the MAC1 well didn't feel it). The problem was that I was bored fairly quickly and missed actually having something to do in the garage.

I have actually ordered a AK427 kit and am intending to fit a Chevy V8 but I am finding out fast that the costs ramp up quickly.

Fundametally, it is the same process as building a MAC1 but with more fancy bits and a more expensive engine.

I am really looking forward to getting started in mid August, until then I am stuck sourcing and refurbing donor bits which is something I didn't really have to do with the MAC1.

Stoneleigh was a bit of a disapointing show, you could see the recession has hit the kit car industry, but I am looking forward to Newark as it is always a good show.

Hopefully I won't be stoned on site by the diehard MAC1 fans!

Great to catch up.

Liam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.