Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Sierra/Granie donar has.........
DixieTheKid

posted on 20/2/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Which Sierra/Granie donar has.........

7.5" LSD, MT75 Box (to mate to 4 pot) and rear disc brakes? Am i pissing in the wind here?

COS IT'S Worth IT

DixieTheKid

posted on 20/2/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Manual box.....!

COS IT'S Worth IT

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/2/11 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Granada 2.0 twin cam

Sierra 2.0 twin cam ghia (but check the gear stick they could be either)

As for the LSD you would need to check the VIN plates, but even then there is/are no guarantees.

[Edited on 20/2/11 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

DixieTheKid

posted on 20/2/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, when you say check the gearstick.... what do you mean but that. Is reverse in a different place or something like that?

What about the late XR4i that was a twin cam?

[Edited on 20/2/11 by DixieTheKid]

COS IT'S Worth IT

repper

posted on 20/2/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
checking gear stick

the type 9 box has revers next to 1st as fitted to xr4i and 2.0/1.6 pinto and 1.8 cvh

the mt75 box has reverse next to 4th but you have to lift a tab to make the slection as fitted to xr4x4 and 2.0 twin cam cosworth 4x4

the t5 box has revers next 4th but is a direct shift best box off the lot + 7.5 lsd

mcerd1

posted on 20/2/11 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
as above a 2.0 DOHC should have most of that granny or sierra (make sure its got rear discs or there is no chance of an LSD)
the LSD is unlikley unless its an XR4 (don't think they made many 2.0 XR4i's though)

the granny 24v cossies have 7.5" LSD's (apart from ones with traction control) with bolt-on driveshafts (100mm CV's - same as standard granny's) - so this is a strait swap for the one on a 2.0 DOHC
they use bigger rear disc though with vented calipers (different hub carriers + calipers)

and all that assumes they didn't just trow in whatever was handy in the factory - so best to check
(alot of the late cars are a bit of a mix and match from the factory...)

also if you need front hubs the granny ones are a little different...

[Edited on 20/2/2011 by mcerd1]

-

DixieTheKid

posted on 20/2/11 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thats good info thanks, can the front granie hubs be easily modified or is it best to stay with the sierra 2wd hubs?

[Edited on 20/2/11 by DixieTheKid]

COS IT'S Worth IT

mcerd1

posted on 20/2/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DixieTheKid
Thats good info thanks, can the front granie hubs be easily modified or is it best to stay with the sierra 2wd hubs?

depends what your fitting them too I think (there geometry is slightly different)
I can't use them on my dax, but a few folk on here have used them with bigger mushroom inserts but I don't know if they had to change anyting else

you can fit the granada front hubs into the sierra uprights - but they need machined down to fit the sierra bearings (and you need a couple of 5mm spacers and longer bolts to get the calipers to fit over the granada discs)
but all your gaining here is 5 stud fron't hubs, if you just want a matching set you can swap over the rear hubs without any mods at all (giving you 4 stud hubs all round)

[Edited on 20/2/2011 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.