Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ipad 2 advice needed asap
daniel mason

posted on 4/6/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
ipad 2 advice needed asap

am going to buy the mrs an ipad 2 for her birthday this week so which one should i go for?
i want an entry level storage 16gb but are there different types of ipad? as some say +3g in the adverts. cheers

[Edited on 4/6/11 by daniel mason]

kevmcdo

posted on 4/6/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I am also looking to get one and the one that matches my use best will be the 32gb 3g model.

3g is a must if you are going to use it out and about as wifi is not always available.

16gb for me was not enough storage wise as i want to stop lugging the laptop around as much as i do.

The wife tried to buy me one last week in Hong Kong whilst she was out on business and could not get one for love nor money, all the main dealers and apple store sold out, some available on the grey market but prices just stupid!!!!

Good luck

Marcus

posted on 4/6/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
3g will need a micro sim for internet access. My choice would be a non 3g model and possibly a MiFi wireless 3g modem on the three network for the internet bit. All iPads have built in wifi so internet at home is never going to be a problem. Do they do a 32Gb iPad2? I'd be tempted by the bigger storage personally. I use an iPod touch with a MiFi as it's basically an iPad with a smaller screen and I love it

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 4/6/11 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have the basic Ipad 1 with no 3g and smallest memory, does the job being cool but would definitely recommend 3g, only thing is it adds to the cost because you have to buy a sim from o2 etc.. to use it.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mr_pr

posted on 4/6/11 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Get 3G even if you are not going to use it. It gives you the option but most importantly it gives you GPS which non-3G models don't have.

My Build Progress

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.