Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750MC Donnington 2nd/3rd July
eddie99

posted on 23/6/11 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
750MC Donnington 2nd/3rd July

Just to let you know 750MC are racing at Donny on the 2nd/3rd July. Including Locosts, RGB and obviously Bike sports!

At the moment, i think i have 2 spare tickets for each day so u2u me if you want them.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Hammerhead

posted on 23/6/11 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going there to see whats what in the BMW compact cup I have managed to enter. Car wont be ready so just going to see the oppo. I'll say hi if I see you, are you in the white LMP style car?
eddie99

posted on 23/6/11 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep Come and have a chat, Im racing in Allcomers saturday and both bikesports races on the Sunday. The final instructions will be online tonight so i will know where abouts i will be positioned on both days.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
TimC

posted on 23/6/11 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes please Ed - pretty please....

E-mail on route!

eddie99

posted on 23/6/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Yes please Ed - pretty please....

E-mail on route!

Hi Tim,
Afraid you've been beaten to it. However i might have some drop outs so ill let you know nearer the time.
Kind Regards
Ed

BobM

posted on 4/7/11 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
What happened in the end Eddie? I saw the huge clouds of blue smoke you were leaving at Redgate and the Old Hairpin and then saw your car being brought back on the transporter. Much damage?

Not very Locost but very BEC

HowardB

posted on 4/7/11 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have some photo's from Sunday, MR2, Saxmax, allcomers, MR2, and the all important Locost, any one from here racing in the Locost?

I'll post pics in the archive once I have shrunk them,......

ps Thanks Ed for the ticket, look forward to the next time,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

ernie

posted on 4/7/11 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
yes, I was there in locost, very good 3 races heats & final. But last race of the the day an absolute bummer!!

One car dropped its oil all round the track, so sliding all over the place. Coming down to the chicane (where most of it was)

One dipstick overtook two of us, passing two yellow and one yellow/red flags despite my hand signals, thru the chicane, and pirouettes down the start/ finish straight. We were lucky to miss the berk!

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

steveiow

posted on 4/7/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Was an interesting weekend indeed.

Never been to Donnington before so very pleased to get 5th in the sunday heat and fastest lap. Not sure where I came in the final - had to make a run back for the ferry, which I duly missed anyway, a downside of living on an Island I suppose.

I have some reasonable video, will try to sort it in the next couple of days.

Heat 1, you tried a bit of a banzai up the inside into the chicane didnt you Ernie? I heard you locked up on the inside just behind me and slowed to make a gap between myself and the car in front as I turned in, and you shot between us through the gap. Looks awesome on the HD video

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

ShaunB

posted on 4/7/11 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
I was also at Donny - awesome circuit! I had fantastic battles in all 4 races, but went even better when once I'd discovered the brake bias adjuster had adjusted itself to to full front bias - that would explain the front lock-ups!

Shaun.

HowardB

posted on 5/7/11 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Have a shufty here

ooo_lots_of_pictures

Howard

samuelgill

posted on 5/7/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oil on track

Sorry for the oil on the track!
I got rammed off at the chicane (Anyone want to own up?!)
The sump get a hole punched into it. So did a whole lap before it ran out and the oil press light came on.

Sam

steveiow

posted on 5/7/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
This time it wasnt me Sam, honest!

The only race I didnt get on my rear view camera was the 2nd final, with the oil. I left the hard drive for it in the race van. You started about 3 rows behind me, so I cant shed any light on what happened I am afraid.

Is the engine ok? Will you be at Snetterton?

[Edited on 5/7/11 by steveiow]

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

Stuart_B

posted on 5/7/11 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
i will give edd, a point in this direction he may wish to tell the story him self

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

ernie

posted on 6/7/11 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, sorry about that Steve, just thankful you all managed to miss me.

Just an update on the October meeting. Sharron tells me, that it IS still on the calander

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

eddie99

posted on 6/7/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
Sorry i took so long to respond, had a few pretty crappy days as you can imagine.
The engine put a rod through the block which then ended in a fairly bad fire.
I managed to get out all ok while it was still moving, suit singed a bit but has cleaned up, Managed to get fire out before it did too much damage but still assessing what to do next. In the meantime the car is slowly being stripped back to a chassis as the powder extinguisher corrodes anything and everything.
Kind Regards
Ed

HowardB

posted on 6/7/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Hi Guys,
Sorry i took so long to respond, had a few pretty crappy days as you can imagine.
I managed to get out all ok while it was still moving, suit singed a bit but has cleaned up, Managed to get fire out before it did too much damage but still assessing what to do next. In the meantime the car is slowly being stripped back to a chassis as the powder extinguisher corrodes anything and everything.
Kind Regards
Ed

good thing that you are ok, I can imagine the challenge of a rebuild, not much fun, not when you'd rather be driving.

good luck

Howard

Howard

BobM

posted on 7/7/11 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi Guys,
Kind Regards
Ed

Sorry to hear that Ed, I was afraid something like that had happened. Good luck with getting it sorted, you've got 22 days to go till Snett, no pressure

Not very Locost but very BEC

progers

posted on 7/7/11 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi Guys,
Kind Regards
Ed

Sorry to hear that, having a fire is not much fun.

Your car produced a huge plume of smoke going round Redgate for 2-3 laps prior to the engine letting go. It looked like a scene from whacky races! It nearly caused several accidents in the ensuing fog for the cars coming behind you. Shame you did not see that in your mirrors as you could have saved your engine and the fire. I am surprised you were not black flagged by race control....

Any idea what caused the engine failure? The ZX10 has been pretty reliable in RGB.

Regards

Paul

[Edited on 7/7/11 by progers]

[Edited on 7/7/11 by progers]

franky

posted on 7/7/11 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your engine. Can I ask how the engine is mounted? Is it on solid mounts?
eddie99

posted on 7/7/11 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Nope engine is rubber mounted, but one of the design faults on the global is that the engine cradle moves forward and backward to tension chain, not the rear axle

Yep in Hindsight i should have stopped straight as i saw the smoke but we had been having issues in testing and i was trying to figure out when it did it. Slowed down a fair bit as soon as i saw it, and lasted about another lap... Oh well Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Not sure what caused it to happen, At the end of Snetterton, we had fuel coming out of N.3 Cylinder, causing exhaust manifold to be torn apart. We assumed it was fuel pressure issues/fuel regulator being solidly mounted but now i know the engine should have come out straight after Snett...

EDIT: as its N.3 Cylinder that let go!

We wont be back out end of July, Aiming for Silverstone, Looking at doing a revised rear end to allow for more space, as at the moment everything is on top of everything.

[Edited on 7/7/11 by eddie99]

eddie99

posted on 7/7/11 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Oh and Accusump did get a knock but we disabled the accusump before going out for the race.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.