Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Intruders!!
coozer

posted on 28/6/11 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Intruders!!

We have some lucky little mice in our garden... enjoying our strawberrys.. so, war is on!

http://youtu.be/UfmqU3ExfOw

They are clever and very lucky.......

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

dave r

posted on 29/6/11 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
you need more of a hair trigger on that
i have always found the steel ones to be better, they tend to nip me, before you put them in place

I'd love to give my imaginary friend a great big hug,

but this jacket makes it impossible.

Ninehigh

posted on 29/6/11 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
We had some unlucky mice in our garden, getting its head ripped off by our evil cow of a cat...

Peteff

posted on 29/6/11 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
We still have the old wooden Little Nipper traps we've used for years, 4 for £1 when we bought them and they are still the best remedy for mice. We got 5 in two days a couple of weeks ago, they were eating the bits dropped of the bird table and coming nearer and nearer to the house so they had to go.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

rusty nuts

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Little Nipper with a bit of Mars bar or Milky way works a treat
Ben_Copeland

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Your mouse trap sucks !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

mad4x4

posted on 29/6/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thats no a mouse trap, that a Feeding table for Mice....

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

coozer

posted on 2/7/11 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Swap it for a little nipper and caught the rest... thats 6 all together and when we raked the nest out there must have been 2 dozen strawberries in it! Greedy buggers....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jacko

posted on 2/7/11 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
We have traps the same as you are using and they get the intruders every time
Maybe our mice are heavier
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macbeast

posted on 2/7/11 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
EEEEUUUUWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Steve Hignett

posted on 3/7/11 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
Am I the only person that didn't enjoy watching an animal desperately scrabbling in it's last few seconds of life?

I'm not usually considered a sissy by the people I meet, but I think you ought to put a note on here or the Youtube vid, that the trap does eventually snap closed, then it would be up to people to watch it, or watch to the end - in case "you're" wondering why I watched it at all, well it's just because I'm immensely insomniac-ic tonight, so using any means of occupying my time...

Anyway, hope I haven't offended, it's just that I believe some things shouldn't be watched for amusement in my humble opinion...

mookaloid

posted on 6/7/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Am I the only person that didn't enjoy watching an animal desperately scrabbling in it's last few seconds of life?

I'm not usually considered a sissy by the people I meet, but I think you ought to put a note on here or the Youtube vid, that the trap does eventually snap closed, then it would be up to people to watch it, or watch to the end - in case "you're" wondering why I watched it at all, well it's just because I'm immensely insomniac-ic tonight, so using any means of occupying my time...

Anyway, hope I haven't offended, it's just that I believe some things shouldn't be watched for amusement in my humble opinion...

+1

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

welderman

posted on 6/7/11 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

+2

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Litemoth

posted on 6/7/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Was the safety on?
LBMEFM

posted on 6/7/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I think that video was tasteless and totally out of order
Ninehigh

posted on 6/7/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Good point, not seen the vid so won't comment but I'm not keen on the evil cow that is our cat playing with mice while they're cacking it for their lives. Even worse is when I'm trying to keep my son away, it was getting disturbing the way he was going "rabbit, aww rabbit" even after its head got ripped off...

blakep82

posted on 6/7/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
quote:

+2

+3 really, by 'lucky' i was expecting to see loads of mice going into the trap, and away again. didn't enjoy the end. i like all the beasts.

though, the other week, i tried resucing a mouse from my useless cat, mouse ran off, and one of the chickes got, the mouse was squealing

this is how useless the cat is, he never did catch/find that mouse... the black bit down the left is the cat
Description
Description

[Edited on 6/7/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MikeRJ

posted on 6/7/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Totally agree, not nice at all.

ashg

posted on 6/7/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
poor little mouse

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

indykid

posted on 6/7/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I watched it first time and didn't watch to the end. I thought it was a nice video about cheeky mice that were too tiny for your trap. Just watched it again to see what the fuss was and I wish I hadn't.

I squash bigger spiders because they scare the crap out of me and it probably makes me hypocritical, but watching the mouse struggle has turned me right against spring traps. I always assumed they were killed instantly.

In that, I suppose the video has served a purpose, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go about educating people to the cruelty of spring traps.

road warrior

posted on 7/7/11 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
I wish I hadn't watch it too.

I did catch a mouse at my work last week using this method: humane mouse trap

I set it up before leaving work for the day. I used the toilet roll, peanut butter and an office waste paper bin. The mouse was in the bin the next morning hiding inside the roll.

I let him go outside.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joni

posted on 7/7/11 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
+4

quote:

+4 and not nice at all

mcerd1

posted on 12/7/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykidI squash bigger spiders because they scare the crap out of me and it probably makes me hypocritical, but watching the mouse struggle has turned me right against spring traps. I always assumed they were killed instantly.

As much as I hate the wee b****ds - I'd agree its not nice to watch
I've no problem with killing them (something has to control ther numbers, its just part of life) but given the choice it should be as quick and clean as possible

no traps are perfect, but some are better than others... these are the kind I use now (the local hardware place sells them at 2 for £5)
http://www.raygrahams.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5120
I've cought hundereds with them and even seen them catch one a couple of times and its always been quick
(the most I've ever seen the trap moved was about 1", and normally its not moved at all which gives you a good idea of how quick it is - although I've never setup video surveillance )

oh and nutella is the best bait in the world

[Edited on 12/7/2011 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.