Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: buy to the V8 hello V6
repper

posted on 8/6/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
buy to the V8 hello V6

not been on hear for a long time with job probs and mooving house the car has sat in the garage under a dust sheet for 3 years so time i did somthing about it
well i tuck the plung and sold all my V8 stuff and bought my self a jaguar Stype 3.0V6 with manual box sofar ive pulled engine and box out the jag and droped it in the vento not as much room as i expected some tweeking to get it to work but it looks good and the gearstick is in a nice plaes when iam sat in the car gonig to try and get it to a point wear i can sprint it next year as iam all ready doing the BSCC for the seconed year running all be it as a mecanic to my mates Juno R400 think its time i did some driving so big push is on

Irony

posted on 8/6/12 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Will the Jag V6 give you any powergains over the V8?

Do you have a V8 exhaust you want to sell?

repper

posted on 8/6/12 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
sorry no V8 suff at all totaly clean sheet well do have a holly blue top fuel pump and regulator never used still in the box no good to me now as going to use Throttle Bodys
power from the 3,0 duratec is 240 bhp and 180 tq standed so with not to much work/dosh i should hope to see 280/300 ish its the same engine as in the Juno my mate runs and that makes 400+

Not Anumber

posted on 8/6/12 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Whats te Jaguar box like for this, is it the same as the uprated version of the Type 9 that Ford used in the 2.9 Scorpios ? Does the engine run PATS like on the 4 pot Duratec lump ?
repper

posted on 8/6/12 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
gear box has getrak on the side off it as for the gears are set up in the same as the type 9

[Edited on 8/6/12 by repper]

big_wasa

posted on 8/6/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
You didnt fancy the jag/ford ecu and single Tb/plenum set-up then ?

Would be really nice and smooth with lots of go in a 7

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.