Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mac#1 zx10r worx
evonigel

posted on 12/3/13 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
mac#1 zx10r worx

Hi guys I viewed a 2009 mac#1 zx10r worx this evening and have to admit I was quite impressed with the car.
2500 miles
freelander diff
wilwoods front and rear
gaz shocks
power commander
toyo 888s

has anyone a ball park figure what I should expect to have to pay for a car like this?

jossey

posted on 13/3/13 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
There are alot of cheap cars going at the moment I would say 5k-6k

I agree what jonab..... says that it is worth more but they dont seem to be selling at that at present.

Its not what its worth its what it will sell for....

or what you will buy for.

[Edited on 13/3/13 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonabonospen

posted on 13/3/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I would say £5k sounds a bit cheap for a 2009 car, especially if it has been well put together. I would have thought more like £7-8k if it is a good quality build.

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 13/3/13 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
An expectation of £7-8K will see it listed for many years (until it becomes a rotten heap). If the owner actually wants to sell, then £5-6K is realistic.

If no one wants it (however), then it's 'value' is negligable, if someone is looking for that model (and is prepared to pay a premium), it'll sell. We're never doing the kit car thing to make money, it's a hobby/life/entertainment.

If you like it, buy it. Regret not.

jossey

posted on 13/3/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
isnt there an 2009 mac#1 zr with pinto engine for under 5k on piston heads....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 13/3/13 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
isnt there an 2009 mac#1 zr with pinto engine for under 5k on piston heads....

Maybe. But a Pinto is not a ZX10-R and a 'zr' is not a Worx.

evonigel

posted on 13/3/13 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
this is the car in question

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=141586

parkiboy

posted on 13/3/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say 7-8k I don't see why people are so quick to undervalue 7's, old pinto powered ones are still up for 4500-5000 and I've noticed robin hoods which are considered the cheapest end of the market are not much cheaper either, yet when a nice bec comes for sale an people say 5-6 all the time and I don't see why?! People dont seem to take the spec, engine or year into account anymore?

[Edited on 13/3/13 by parkiboy]

parkiboy

posted on 13/3/13 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add after that comment I looked at the car and I don't want to undervalue his car, I'd say generally zx10r powered locost of that year would be around that however that looks like a quality build and a stunning car, if I was the owner I would have probably priced it at that too. End of the day if it's worth it to you make him an offer you might get one cheaper buy may be sacrificing on quality, I did that I bought a cheap busa mk that needed work and iva, and In the long run it has worked out more expensive than buying a quality build to begin with.

[Edited on 13/3/13 by parkiboy]

evonigel

posted on 13/3/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by parkiboy
I'd say 7-8k I don't see why people are so quick to undervalue 7's, old pinto powered ones are still up for 4500-5000 and I've noticed robin hoods which are considered the cheapest end of the market are not much cheaper either, yet when a nice bec comes for sale an people say 5-6 all the time and I don't see why?! People dont seem to take the spec, engine or year into account anymore?

I would have to agree with you on your price estimate but i am curious why the majority disagree?
Opinions welcome

Spud1985

posted on 13/3/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
When I was looking last year there were no decent BECs for £5-£6k the lowest one I saw was around £7k but used a lot of the standard sierra controls. Cheaper finish.

I ended up buying a mac#1 Worx R1 which is a very similar spec to the one in the OP for just under £9k - 59 plate with 90miles on the clock.i would say £8-£9k would be a good shout for the one your looking out although the time of the year could see you get it for less maybe £7.5k depends how desperate the seller is.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.