Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: looking at buying mac#1
maximus1

posted on 24/3/13 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
looking at buying mac#1

hi looking at buying a mac#1 are they any good ? is there any second hand ones about ?
daniel mason

posted on 24/3/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
why a mac#1 only? im sure there are others available in a similar price range!
have a look at a few makes and decide on quality,handling,ride etc.if you then like the mac best, go for it!

evonigel

posted on 24/3/13 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/45/viewthread.php?tid=179543

I very nearly bought the car in the link above.I was very impressed with the mac#1, this example is well put together and I was impressed with how low you sit in the cockpit.If you are looking for a mac#1 this is definitely worth a look.

jonabonospen

posted on 24/3/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Are you looking to build or buy a completed one?

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
maximus1

posted on 24/3/13 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
mac#1

i had dax rush 8 years ago and it was stolen and burnt out, they had the vulcan pinto, lsd, gear box out of it and burned it out i was gutted. it's taken till now too have a look at a kit car agian. i like the look off the mac#1 but main reason is i live near the factory and after having kids im looking for a basic entry level that's already on the road that i can make my own
maximus1

posted on 24/3/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
mac#1

im looking at buying a mac#1 2005 fairly standard average condition standard pinto what should i pay for this ?
PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/3/13 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Value wise I would say around £4500/£5000 for a good pinto Mac1, they are a great bit of kit, with great customer service and back up from Mark and Colin, ive never owned a Mac1, but they have helped me out a few times now over the years with my MK Indys and more recently my Aries, but I would advise you to pay a bit more, and look for a Zetec powered car or a Bike engined Mac1
jonabonospen

posted on 24/3/13 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Just my personal opinion, but if looking at a more modern seven type car, and a budget of around £4-6k, then isn't a Pinto a bit of a downgrade? I would think a Zetec if wanting a car engined seven, or a bike engined one would be better for the money. Just my opinion.

In terms of the Mac#1 they are great cars, and like 'Paul Fisher' says, Colin and Mark at Mac#1 are always on hand to help with parts and advice etc. Just building a Mac#1 Worx myself with a ZX10R Turbo engine to go in it

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
markmcc21

posted on 25/3/13 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
I think ur probs talking about the white one for sale, i was showing interest in this too but considering the cost to change the pinto engine to a more modern zetec 170 or bike engine would end up spending in total about 8k given theres no surprise costly problems along the way. its made me consider waiting to save up for a car thats already 90% what im looking for. unless u get a really good deal and say get it for 3ish grand.
jossey

posted on 25/3/13 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly speak with mac#1 and register up ye interest in a 2nd hand one and see if they have any thoughts

The cars are great but I can't comment for everyone which people have messed with.

Great car, not the cheapest but good value for money.

Just one word of warning. Mac#1 had by far the best customer service and brutal honesty about cars, upgrades etc.

They have helped me loads but not always like the answer they gave although they are always right

Grrrrrrr

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.