Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How does a mac#1 compare with an mk?
Tazzzzman1

posted on 28/4/13 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by withersdelivers
Oh and in response to tazman , yes the road runner does indeed look very nice but as I said first off , there is a very small chance of me building from scratch.so availability is more the issue.

Ah didn't see that bit.
Yep you will have to look hard to find many of these on the 2nd user market. Although one did come up in Jan... I think there is approx 25 cars built now, but growing rapidly...
Although as I said, the Sr2 is nice and easy to put together. I did mine in 9 mth's, but appreciate not everyone has time or patience to do one..
If you are after mainstream then you are correct plenty of MK's about. Not so many MAC1's though.

DarrenW

posted on 4/6/13 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
It is insanely difficult to choose. Loads of pros and cons with all of the kits.

I made a shortlisted. Phoned the factories in advance to arrange a visit. MK didn't get a look in as apart from a half hello when I arrived nobody would talk to me. MNR didn't get the sale as they hadn't got a car through an SVA at that time, but let me tell you they were very close indeed. I never regretted building a Mac1 and Colin and Mark became good friends.

So for me it came down to my gut feel on customer service equally as important as the car itself. Due to my job there proximity to the M1 was another consideration.

All I can really advise is go and see where your cash might be heading and take it from there. Forum searches are interesting background reading but most posts are heavily skewed by something.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.