Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blyton track day Video SR2
Tazzzzman1

posted on 20/9/13 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton track day Video SR2

Hi
Just did my first track day in my Roadrunner Sr2. She's been on the road almost a year (4.5K miles so far) so thought it about time to track her. All I can say is wow......I knew it handled well, but it blew the socks of me and the MX5 race drivers who had a passenger run.
Mike from Roadrunner has kindly put the video together....enjoy (I did) Especially lapping the Ferrari 3 times. Only cars quicker were the BEC Caterhams...

Can't wait til next year. Fitting a supercharger over the winter months, so will be even quicker

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Road-Runner-Racing-Ltd/113127948701896#!/photo.php?v=713569482000078&set=vb.113127948701896&type=2& ;theater

[Edited on 20/9/13 by Tazzzzman1]

[Edited on 20/9/13 by Tazzzzman1]

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 23/9/13 at 01:20 AM Reply With Quote
Forget your supercharger, get more seat time.

You are just tickling the performance of the car and more power just masks it.

I went from a 240bhp Westfield to a 170 MK Indy RR and went faster because I found myself concentrating instead of mucking about!

Still, there is a reason I'm sticking an F20C in my SR2

Rob Bartley

posted on 27/9/13 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Got to agree with Rocket_Rabbit at the moment You can still extract so much more from your current set up. As a rough approximation, I would suggest you could fairly easily go 7-10 seconds quicker around Blyton, just check out R_R's 170 MK run at Blyton as an example.

Honestly, save the cash for now and get more trackdays under your belt.......trackdays are the best thing since sliced bread!

Cheers, Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

jeffw

posted on 27/9/13 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
A bit of tuition will help a lot....nothing to stop you getting the Supercharger as well

Tazzzzman1

posted on 3/10/13 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I know what you mean, a bit of tuition will inevitably knock off a few seconds. However posting 1:17 around Blyton on my first run out aint so bad....
I have been thinking of the supercharged option since getting the car on the road. Current 1.8 with induction kit kicks out approx 140bhp. Car only weighs 526kgs so is quite quick off the mark, but lacks top end grunt. Getting to 70 is fast, over that is not so impressive. Therefore by charging the engine I am hoping for a sizeable increase in top end power and torque.

Already have an Eaton M65 (Same at M45 but different in let casting, from a Merc SL). This is being modded as we speak by Steamer aka Rich (on the forum). Managed to pick up a couple of bargains and got Charger (as new condition for £75, and RX8 uprated injectors for £50).
Biggest out lay will be a programmable CANEM's ECU which is a plug in replacement for the stock MX5 (no messing with looms). A few other tweaks and I aim to be around the 220-30 bhp. Plan is to have all this done for less than £700 So now I have a bench mark to see what improvement the extra power makes. Next step is seat time.....

richardm6994

posted on 3/10/13 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tazzzzman1
This is being modded as we speak by Steamer aka Rich (on the forum).

I'm not steamer on here mate....I go by my old forum user name.

Good video

Tazzzzman1

posted on 3/10/13 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
At my age youre lucky I even remebered your name...LOL

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.