Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 5 long years since you were Murdered.
The Venom Project

posted on 18/10/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
5 long years since you were Murdered.

A tribute to a good friend

Well it's come around so fast, it's your anniversary again, but this one is special, 5 long years have gone since we last chatted, I remember the last conversation we had in the garage, we were discussing which parts we had both bought at Newark earlier that year, I too was on with my very own Reverse Trike build, welding the frame, and designing as I went, you were my motivation behind the build, inspiring me and assisting me along the way. Although there had been over 30 years age gap between us, I considered you to be a very good friend and an excellent engineer.

I could not believe the news of your Murder that Sunday morning as my wife woke me up..... The date will forever be in my mind. 19th October 2008, a crisp Sunday I remember.

It was like a cruel joke being repeated in my head, and an ever repeating question as to Why?

I dedicated the following week to make sure all your affairs were in order, you would have been proud of me. I made sure that Linda would not have any worries for her in the future and alongside Mike, we both assisted the dreadful investigation into what might have lead to this very sad day. We dealt with the Police, Detectives and Forensic teams to try and piece together your final days.

I was incredibly sad for a long time after you had been Murdered, and kept trying to understand why this had happened. I was very bitter towards the young man who had committed this cowardly act and will never forgive him. I will always hate this man for the pain and suffering you endured and the ongoing pain and suffering still being inflicted on Linda.

I did make your superb MNR Vortx you were about to create, and the vehicle would have been perfect had the engine not let it down. But in the process of absolute failure in an already emotional build, I made some very good friends at MNR with. Chris and Marc Nordon. Although my car had to come to an end, it fuelled my passion to build my own vehicle to have, and was partially built as a tribute to you and the knowledge you had passed on to me.

You will always be missed Peter, and you will never be forgotten. You inspired so many of my projects I have done since that tragic day, and I for one would like to say thank you for allowing me to be part of the Racing, Fun and lifestyle that was just your life, and I have made some friends for life through this terrible experience.

God Bless you Peter..... Rest In Peace

I will raise many glasses of many different drinks to you tomorrow.

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

NigeEss

posted on 18/10/13 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
I now have a lump in my throat and memories of those close I have lost.

RIP.

Nige

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

steve m

posted on 18/10/13 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Fu***

I did not know, or missed it, I have tears in my eyes , honestly and their burning !!
im having a beer, winding down after a poo few days at work, so a drink to Peter... and hope Linda and family are ok

im actualy crying now thinking of what happened,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Wheels244

posted on 18/10/13 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote

wylliezx9r

posted on 19/10/13 at 03:59 AM Reply With Quote
RIP , I don't know the circumstances
of the death but it doesn't sound good. X

[Edited on 19/10/13 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

INDY BIRD

posted on 19/10/13 at 05:44 AM Reply With Quote
A sad day indeed,

I was only to pleased to purchase that mnr from you an put that car back to the way it should be and I am glad I was part of the project and to know this car still lives,

To go on and build your new project also with the help and knowledge of your friend that will always remain with you in spirit even if not in person.

A great tribute and I hope these cars and people bring back the fond memories of these unbelievable circumstances,

All the best

Sean

yellowcab

posted on 19/10/13 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Goodness me that hit home, also have a lump in my throat.

Very well written.

RIP Peter

The Venom Project

posted on 19/10/13 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
A sad day indeed,

I was only to pleased to purchase that mnr from you an put that car back to the way it should be and I am glad I was part of the project and to know this car still lives,

To go on and build your new project also with the help and knowledge of your friend that will always remain with you in spirit even if not in person.

A great tribute and I hope these cars and people bring back the fond memories of these unbelievable circumstances,

All the best

Sean

Thank You Sean,

Yes I was very happy that you built the car again, and made it motor at Rockingham. I am also glad someone is still enjoying what was really a very overpowered animal :-)

The Venom Project

posted on 19/10/13 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you all for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me and everyone involved in this tragedy.

Nick

six mad

posted on 19/10/13 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
What a great guy, I,m sure hes still inspiring others in another place.
evonigel

posted on 19/10/13 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Thank You Sean,

Yes I was very happy that you built the car again, and made it motor at Rockingham. I am also glad someone is still enjoying what was really a very overpowered animal :-)

I am that someone.
A complete beast of a car that I am proud to own

craig1410

posted on 19/10/13 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nick, you are a credit to your friend - such heart-felt words, very sad but under the circumstances totally understandable. Clearly time won't take away the pain but hopefully it will reduce and let you focus on the good times of which I'm sure there are many.

Take care mate,
Craig.

daniel mason

posted on 19/10/13 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^ great post craig!. here here!

Marcus

posted on 20/10/13 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
This thread is precisely why I enjoy being a part of Locostbuilders.....
I never knew him, but feel genuinely moved by that post....RIP Peter!!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.