Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fire door frame sizes?? Anyone know?
DarrenW

posted on 9/6/14 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Fire door frame sizes?? Anyone know?

As per post about acrow props, i need to put a doorway from kitchen into garage. It is a single block wall, load bearing. I have a 1200 box lintel. I know i should really put a fire door frame in. Does anyone know the external sizes so i can make the hole big enough.

I know it would be easier to just buy one first, but i work away and have very little time at home, so just in case i struggle to get to the builders merchants when they are open it would be good to have the size as a contingency.

My standard internal door frames are 880mm wide. Im guessing a fire door frame has thicker timber so likely to be 900 wide.

Im also wondering what depths of opening they suit. Block must be 100mm. Plus 12mm board and dab on inside. Then there is 50mm jab light and plasterboard on the garage side, so probs 190mm total.

Eventually the access will be to create a 6' deep utility room so i will be putting a new stud wall up with fireproof plasterboard etc.

Thanks in advance,
Darren.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.