Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAC1 ZX10R WORX 1ST TIMER?
daz928sb

posted on 18/5/15 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
MAC1 ZX10R WORX 1ST TIMER?

MAC1 ZX10R WORX BEC FIRST TIMER? HELP?

Hi I wondered if any of you guys out there could give me some advice on my first ever bike engine kitcar.
I have had many many sports cars over the years and just about tried most of my childhood wishlist ha, I have also had a few CEC kit cars from pinto to v8 but have NEVER had a BEC and have always wanted to see how they compare!!
so only 2 weeks ago I made the plunge!

a mac1 worx,
all set up for the track, full roll cage ect, ( although I have never been on a track before)
everything lightened as in wheels ect ect,
power commander
quick shift
no reverse lol (now that's going to be an eye opener)
whatever all the above mean I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about bike engines!!!

so a few basic tips on how to look after her would be really appreciated as in

how often does it need oil/service?
whats the process of warming the engine up on start up?
how do I actually use the bloody gearbox as its clunky and noisy compared to the CECs?
where can I get spares/parts as im not sure if the company still exists?
how does this compare with other BECs out there?
any advice please?

ps so far although its taking some getting used to ITS AWSOME!!!

AJR

posted on 18/5/15 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I've got a Mac1 Worx myself with the zx10r engine.
It's the first kit car I've ever owned and to be honest the only car I've never got bored with after 6 months!

I do an oil service once a year as the car doesn't do many miles. A little tip if you do it yourself is to pre fill the new oil filter with new oil when you do a change as some say it helps and keeps your oil pressure correct (info from ZX10R owners forum)

As far as the gearbox goes, that's just the way it is and you will get used to it! Also make sure you have adjusted the clutch/pedal and have a decent clutch stop behind your pedal as I found out the hard way and ended up putting a whole brand new clutch kit in which was pricey.

Spares are easy to come by as Mac1 are still there and are very helpful if you call them. Also I've found that MK Indy bodywork fits too with very minor trimming. (I have the carbon dash and bonnet)

With regards to reverse, the car only a weighs half a ton so you can push it with one hand! I always make sure when I park that it's easy enough to drive away when you get back in.

If you need any more advice just ask as I've had every part of my car to bits and rebuilt as being an engineer, I wanted to be sure it was up to scratch!

[Edited on 18/5/15 by AJR]

daz928sb

posted on 18/5/15 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
thank you very much, really appreciated.

I must admit although I have only had it a couple weeks im falling in love with it more and more every time I take it out. ha

looking through the forum tonight I came across something really interesting.

It looks as if its The actual original start and build of my actual car I have just bought. !!! from a user called Flamez , who logged the whole build from the start by the looks of it.
I would love to find a way of contacting him but it looks as if he last used this site 4 years ago. shame.

but great seeing some history on it.

daz928sb

posted on 18/5/15 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJR
Hi, I've got a Mac1 Worx myself with the zx10r engine.
It's the first kit car I've ever owned and to be honest the only car I've never got bored with after 6 months!

I do an oil service once a year as the car doesn't do many miles. A little tip if you do it yourself is to pre fill the new oil filter with new oil when you do a change as some say it helps and keeps your oil pressure correct (info from ZX10R owners forum)

As far as the gearbox goes, that's just the way it is and you will get used to it! Also make sure you have adjusted the clutch/pedal and have a decent clutch stop behind your pedal as I found out the hard way and ended up putting a whole brand new clutch kit in which was pricey.

Spares are easy to come by as Mac1 are still there and are very helpful if you call them. Also I've found that MK Indy bodywork fits too with very minor trimming. (I have the carbon dash and bonnet)

With regards to reverse, the car only a weighs half a ton so you can push it with one hand! I always make sure when I park that it's easy enough to drive away when you get back in.

If you need any more advice just ask as I've had every part of my car to bits and rebuilt as being an engineer, I wanted to be sure it was up to scratch!

[Edited on 18/5/15 by AJR]

There is one thing AJR,
my speedo doesn't work. apparently it has one of the magnets missing . the previous owner pointed it out to me. where the sensor is when the cylinder turns around it only has one magnet, the size of a small watch battery and you can see where the other one has fell off?
it has a speedo healer but I don't really know what that means?
will I need a whole new set up or do you think I maybe able to get the correct magnet from somewhere?

ash_hammond

posted on 19/5/15 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Nice choice of kit.

The lads down at MAC#1 and very friendly and always helpful.

But where are the pictures?

[Edited on 19/5/15 by ash_hammond]

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

CosKev3

posted on 19/5/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
What clocks is it using?

As usaully a speedo healer is used with original bike clocks and speed sensor to set the speedo correctly due to the different rolling radius.

The magnet type speed sensors are usaully used with aftermarket clocks, like Koso etc.

kj

posted on 19/5/15 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Where in the UK are you, the sound of the engine is awsome.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

AJR

posted on 19/5/15 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
What clocks is it using?

As usaully a speedo healer is used with original bike clocks and speed sensor to set the speedo correctly due to the different rolling radius.

The magnet type speed sensors are usaully used with aftermarket clocks, like Koso etc.

This is exactly right. I'm running the standard Kawasaki speedo sensor with the speedo healer to correct.

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ash_hammond
Nice choice of kit.

ha, yes im trying to work out how to download some, but im crap at that sort of thing.. but il do it asap

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
What clocks is it using?

well i think its the original kawasaki bike clocks but when i get home i will double check as shes covered up at the mo waiting for the sun to come out!!! hopefully tomorrow

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I have been trying to download some pictures for an hour now without any success..

it keeps on saying the files are unsupported.

i also looked at this and it mentioned something about the aviator? to do with photos but it doesn't make sense to me as tried everything.

am i missing something basic here? any ideas?

AJR

posted on 19/5/15 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I use photo bucket then copy them on to here if that helps!
I've tried before to upload from my phone but it doesn't work for me

[Edited on 19/5/15 by AJR]

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/Darren_Waine/353_zpspdbrz9q6.jpg
daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/Darren_Waine/357_zpsfvkyew5g.jpg

thanks ajr
ive tried the photobucket that you suggested and managed this for starters,
i just need to work out how to get more done and on my profile but this will do for starters as my fingers ache now! ha

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Where in the UK are you, the sound of the engine is awsome.

hi, im based in somerset, well live in taunton, few hills around and not to far from the coasts

daz928sb

posted on 19/5/15 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ash_hammond
Nice choice of kit.

hi ash,
well thats good to here, do you have a contact number or is it the same as the website that says they have moved premises?

i have also managed to download a couple of pictures for you further down the thread. ha
took bloody ages tho

Hakuraa

posted on 22/5/15 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Daz928,
I too bought a worx ZX10 this year but with a (limited use) electric reverse.
Visited the Mac#1 factory and spoke to the guys.
They recommend 10/40 semi synthetic oil due to the clutch
Phone number is the one from the web site which says they have moved.
What year is the engine, as I have a pdf manual for my 2007 ZX10 engine which would give you some advice at least if I can send it.

daz928sb

posted on 22/5/15 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hakuraa
Daz928,
I too bought a worx ZX10 this year but with a (limited use) electric reverse.
Visited the Mac#1 factory and spoke to the guys.
They recommend 10/40 semi synthetic oil due to the clutch
Phone number is the one from the web site which says they have moved.
What year is the engine, as I have a pdf manual for my 2007 ZX10 engine which would give you some advice at least if I can send it.

Thanks for the advice. The engine i have is a 2005 engine.
i dont actually think there was a massive difference between the 2 engines apart from the gold top casing then switched to black but then i could be wrong

OliilO

posted on 22/5/15 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
ETB Instruments can supply the magnets you need for a few quid. With only one magnet, I'd imagine that the speedo reads half the actual speed.
daz928sb

posted on 22/5/15 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OliilO
ETB Instruments can supply the magnets you need for a few quid. With only one magnet, I'd imagine that the speedo reads half the actual speed.

Well thats the strange thing it hardly moves. Sometimes creeps upto 2-3 mph but thats when im doing about 65-70 mph?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.