Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC High Oil Pressure
Patten

posted on 22/4/18 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
BEC High Oil Pressure

Afternoon all.

After about 30mins of spirited driving I notice the oil pressure in my R1 powered Fury can creep up to 115/120 PSI when giving it the beans which doesn’t seem right.. dodgy sensor? Or something else?

Digidash 2 life with the sender that comes with. Oil pressure pick up from the oil cooler bolt like most other 5pw engines

OliilO

posted on 22/4/18 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've killed a couple of ETB sensors (blade engine). I don't think the like the vibrations. My current sender has been reading high pressure for a while and i've just taken it to be the current sensor on the way out.

Of course it could be something like a blocked pick up pipe and i'll have a disaster next time i'm out, but hopefully not!

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 22/4/18 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I’m guessing a faulty sensor as presssures that high I would expect it to blowing oil out ot breathers gaskets oil seals etc
Andy B

posted on 22/4/18 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
As stated the pressure sensor won’t handle the vibration if it is screwed directly into the cases - it needs to be fitted via a remote braided oil line and then mounted on to the chassis somewhere
However if the oil pressure relief valve is sticking oil pressure can rise considerably - the concern here is that those kind of pressures are capable of blowing off an oil filter which will not end well
I would replace the sensor sharpish and then if reading is still high investigate further

Ian2812

posted on 22/4/18 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Read my thread. Might help you out. Seems like your sender is kaput.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=212062

Cheers,
Ian.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.