Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My MAC#1 Kit has arrived, let the build begin
Slater

posted on 24/4/07 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
My MAC#1 Kit has arrived, let the build begin

After a 2 day, 850 mile round trip from Aberdeenshire to MAC#1 my ZR kit is now in the garage. Woooooohooooooo.

I arrived home at midnight last night, unloaded all the smaller boxes myself then woke up the wife and got her to help lift the chassis and engine out of the van. She did not speak much and strangely did not share my enthusiasum.

We had it all unloaded and the van back at the hire place by 1am. I then drank a very large malt whisky to celebrate and went to bed. Although I could not sleep with all the excitment... The seven idea has been 2 1/2 years in the pipeline for me with all the research/planning/persuading the wife etc. and now it's really only just beginning.

Thanks to Richard who turned up at MAC#1 and help load the van, I'm not sure if he offically works there or not????

I dropped off some bits for Ewan on the way up the road so it was good to meet him and see his build.

Oh, thanks Mark and Colin for relieving me of a large sum of money.

WooooooHooooo. I'm off to look in all the boxes and find out what I have let myself in for.......

Keith.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

graememk

posted on 24/4/07 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
well done mate, you think thats good wait untill you pass your sva, even bigger smile and i havent been able to sleep for the last week

happy building

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/4/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
nice but get the wife involved and don't use the dishwasher to clean parts, makes an awful mess of it.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 24/4/07 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
nice but get the wife involved and don't use the dishwasher to clean parts, makes an awful mess of it.

Or use it (dishwasher) when she's away for a couple of days

DarrenW

posted on 24/4/07 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Rich doesnt work there but he is there so often im surprised he doesnt pay rent!!!!!!! He is just one of those genuinely good guys you come across every so often.

Good news on the kit. I bet you cant wait to get started. i really enjoyed my build - hope you get the same pleasure out of yours.

worX

posted on 24/4/07 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Keith,
I know that feeling very well!
I really enjoyed 99% of my build and I am confident that you will too!
(big)Rich doesn't work there as Darren says above, but he only lives round t'corner so is there "more than most" but a top bloke, and a useful source of knowledge when building these cars, as is Mark and Col! You'll never have called another man so many times as you'll call these guys, and in all those times, all I received was really helpful advice (actually it wasn't all I received - there was a lot of banter and wee taking, and confidence inspiring comments, such as; Just do it!)
I envy you, I think the build is one of the best bits to these projects as a whole, and can't wait for my next one already!!!

cheers,
Steve.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 24/4/07 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one! It looks like a great kit and the customer service is second to none so I'm sure you'll have a smooth and enjoyable build. Good luck

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigrich

posted on 24/4/07 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Keith
good to see you yesterday. I have just got in from my proper job and noticed your post
have you had the oh Flip what have i bought moment yet.
Good luck with the build, i'm sure you will enjoy the process.
just remember all the answers are on the other end of the phone/computer screen

Cheers mate
Rich

[Edited on 24/4/07 by bigrich]

Fozzie

posted on 24/4/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent!!!

Now......let the fun begin!..... you will most definitely enjoy it!

ATB Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ewan

posted on 26/4/07 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks again for dropping of the dits I was looking for, it saved a trip to Mac 1.

If you stuck with anything come round and I'll do the same.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.