Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy Floor
Colnago_Man

posted on 5/10/07 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Indy Floor

I've just attached my floor sheet to the chassis and now I'am wondering if I should have cut out the piece infront of the transmissions tunnel. I'am building a BEC so according to MK the bit can stay in. But now I've flipped over the chassis the front edge of the floor looks like a guillotine!
There is a sharp edge running across the middle of the car, If I ran over someone I could quite easily chop their head off!

Would a simple bit of U-channel across it suffice. Is it okay for SVA as it is? Is there a requirement for radius parts under the car?

Thanks all...

ewan

posted on 5/10/07 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
If you have a look at www.p4nts.co.uk it has a picture of the floor that Steve did, depending on which engine you are using you might not need to cut the hole out.
Paul TigerB6

posted on 5/10/07 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Colnago_Man

There is a sharp edge running across the middle of the car, If I ran over someone I could quite easily chop their head off!

Well it would teach them for getting in front of your car. Dont worry about it - the blood will come off with the pressure washer anyway

sorry - couldnt resist.

stevec

posted on 5/10/07 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
If someone got that far under your car I dont think there would be that much left.
Steve.

BenB

posted on 5/10/07 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Oh I don't know, I think there would be lots of bits left
StevieB

posted on 5/10/07 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
It's fine where it is - I imagine it adds a bit of strength.

If anyone gets run over, the engine sump will do a good enough job of ruining their day before the floorpan does!

matt_claydon

posted on 5/10/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think that in terms of vehicle safety it is asumed if you actually end up underneath a car there is not a lot that can be done to help!

I left mine in (CEC) but then a few months down the line found I needed to get at the speedo drive or something so ended up cutting it out with a jigsaw.

[Edited on 5/10/07 by matt_claydon]

iank

posted on 5/10/07 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
The floor can have razor blades and fishhooks welded to it and should still pass sva according to the rules.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.