Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy or MAC 1
CrazyK

posted on 9/10/07 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
MK Indy or MAC 1

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post so I thought I would start it with an Introduction.

Im Kieron and I currently own a Sunbeam Lotus which I have rebuilt over the last 5 years. Its time for a new project and Im looking at Either A bike powered MK or Mac 1 Ideally looking for a part or Ready built car.

ANy Suggestions Comments etc

Cheers
K

Bluemoon

posted on 9/10/07 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I would suggest visiting both manufactures.. Talk and take a test drive.. Also don't rule out all the other manufactures yet there is a lot of choice...

Dan

ewan

posted on 9/10/07 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Mac 1 was my choice mainly because of Mark & Colin (top blokes) nothing is a problem and they are always on the end of a phone to answer a string of stupid questions.
mike smith1

posted on 9/10/07 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
As above visit both manufacturers, test drive etc, there's normally a good crowd on a saturday (weather permitting) at MK lots of people to talk to who have built or are building, and a few cars.

Mike

AdamR

posted on 9/10/07 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
MNR!
jos

posted on 9/10/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ditto above. Visit both sit in the cars. Get scarred witless in them and when you get back from the demo drive dont resist getting your cheque book out. If you enjoyed the previous build you'll love the next one. There is a rumour that there will be another open day at mac#1 - keep an eye out on here for further information

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

ash_hammond

posted on 9/10/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jos
Ditto above. Visit both sit in the cars. Get scarred witless in them and when you get back from the demo drive dont resist getting your cheque book out. If you enjoyed the previous build you'll love the next one. There is a rumour that there will be another open day at mac#1 - keep an eye out on here for further information

Jos and Ewen have already said what i was going to say about MAC#1 - top shop, top quality cars and two top quality blokes. Normally on a saturday morning there is a smattering of MAC#1 owners at the factory for their weekly fix who will only be to happy to chat about their cars and build diary - my self included.

Happy Choosing

- Ash

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

Hellfire

posted on 9/10/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
If I was building another, I would choose MNR...

Steve

mac1ZR

posted on 9/10/07 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 for me. Have built two so far, one 2litre Zetec and the latest a GSXR1000 Worx. Wouldn t hesitate to do another. You can buy absolutely everything there, with every bit of help that you would ever need.

Chris

Hellfire

posted on 9/10/07 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Kieron,

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly - Nice choice of engine

To answer your question, I'd say MK (but then I too am biased ). Seriously though, you'll not go wrong with either of the manufacturers kits that you've mentioned. There are a few small differences between the two but I guess it comes down to which you prefer. I'd suggest going along to both manufacturers and see what they have to offer you.

As others have already mentioned, there are other manufacturers kits available as well such as MNR, & GTS etc. It really depends on what your budget is and your intended use of the car when it's complete and to some extent the location of the manufacturer, relative to where you live.

I would also suggest building it yourself from kit rather than buying a part built or complete car. That way you'll only have yourself to blame if something isn't quite right.

To give you some idea of what's involved, have a read of our build and re-build diaries.

Decisions, decisions......................

Phil

omega 24 v6

posted on 9/10/07 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
From what I saw at newark in order of preference and quality IMHO

MNR
MAC1
MK (ropey chassis search for the thread)
If you.ve got a good set of hands and are able I thought the GBS starter kit was OK for the money but you would need to be able to produce quality work to make it look like any of the above.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.