Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So Called Courier Companys
Johnmor

posted on 17/12/07 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
So Called Courier Companys

“Competition for royal mail”. Don’t make me laugh.

Situation 1

DHL left a card saying they tried to deliver, Not expecting anything, so I phoned and quote the number on the card, they said, “as your address is “remote rural/offshore” we can’t deliver for another 3 days” I live 20 mile west of Aberdeen , Europes Oil Capital, 300,000 people and I cant even see the bloody sea so I’m def not offshore.

So I drives the 25 miles to their depot fighting through city traffic, hand over the card where they give me a box.
The box is for somebody else, they delivered the card to the wrong house. “Oops they say, never mind”

3 f*c@ing hours wasted and prob £20 in fuel and they say Oops.

Situation 2

Company is sending me a package and I’ve paid for 24-hour delivery. £19.00
To my horror I discover they sent it DHL
Tracking says it left on Friday morning at 0908 hrs , I check the tracking and find its in Manchester and has been sine 0345 on Saturday. Tracking system brakes down this morning and I phone asking if it will be delivered today, as I will have to stay home.
They say “ its still in Manchester and It can’t be moved over the weekend” I ask if Manchester was shut or something “ they ignore the sarcasm and proceed to tell me “your remote rural/offshore” and wont receive it till Wednesday” I run through the remote rural crap again(aaagh)
I ask what their definition of 24 hrs is she says its only “working days” ( ive worked weekends for the last 25 years)
I say “but you picked it up on Friday, I wont get it till Wednesday that’s Four working days”
she says “but your remote rural/offshore” aaaagghh .

Royal mail get my vote every time. They don’t think I’m “Remote rural/offshore”
If I send something by royal mail first class it gets there the day after,
I got a large parcel (9 kgs) in 24 hours and it arrived on a Saterday.
The postman know my address and doesent leave things out in the rain.
If Im out, the post office is five mine away.

Competition my arse!!!!!

Sorry for the rant!

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've had similar problems with Parcel Force who for so reason just can't find my house, also in Aberdeen.

hopeless

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
takumi

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with DHL is, (owned by Deutsch Post) is they have bought up lots of smaller delivery companies, so there is very little consistency between the different policies and practices.

e.g. Omega Securicor, now "Day Deffinate DHL" they deal mostly with domestic>domsteic deliveries that are non-express)

another one is Newtork 24 Delivery, who used to deliver catalogues, now owned by DHL are delivering loads of other things..

Typically example of a big company trying to get bigger by merging with lots of smaller companies too quickly and making a complete hotch potch of the whole thing.

DHL Express International (the original DHL , are water tight )

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

bonzoronnie

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
DHL

DHL

Yep that'll be about the right level of service you'll get.

I just dont use them any more. Well not since they claimed " Driver couldn't find remote address" !!!???

Large Garage. Main road location. Middle of Nottingham.

Royal Mail Gets my vote

Ronnie

ewan

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
You think you've got it bad, I'm just outside aberdeen south of Stonehaven and they can't guarantee any time for deliveries.
3GEComponents

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
DH-HELL

westcost1

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
bonzoronnie your car is nearly in royal mail livery already are you shore your not the MD
bonzoronnie

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
MD Who me!!??

quote:
Originally posted by westcost1
bonzoronnie your car is nearly in royal mail livery already are you shore your not the MD

Can't say. I'll have to kill you if I do

Ronnie

Agriv8

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ewan
You think you've got it bad, I'm just outside aberdeen south of Stonehaven and they can't guarantee any time for deliveries.

ewan,

anywhere near Kateline ( pobably spelt wrong )

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

mcerd1

posted on 17/12/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
I find RM can be a bit hit or miss

I've had quite a few CD's sent to me 1st class (from Guernsey) to Edinburgh they claim 2 - 5 days, at the moment its more like 7 working days
yet I've never had a special delivery package thats been late yet (just as well considering the extra cost)

never really used DHL, but I've also found citylink to be ok round here (only a few packages that were a day or so late) we use them at work all the time
according to there website Aberdeen is in the same zone as edinburgh - so next day 'should' be no problem
http://www.city-link.co.uk/services/scottish_postcodes.pdf

but the quickest deliverys I've had have been from TNT - the record so far was a crankshaft (from ebay) paypal to seller at lunchtime, collected by TNT at 3:30PM the same day, arrived at 8:50 the next morrning and they only charged me £15 P+P

[Edited on 17/12/07 by mcerd1]

ewan

posted on 17/12/07 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
catterline, yes i was at the Creel Inn on Wednesday for dinner. I work in Auchenblae and live in Newtonhill.
Johnmor

posted on 17/12/07 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
It gets better

I have now discovered I wont be here on wednesday, I will be about 5 mins from their depot.
So, i thought I'll just phone and say I wil collect. Easy!

God Nooooooo!

Its almost impossible to contact the depot direct.
I have spent 45 mins on various answer machines and spoken to 6 people, none of whom can let me call the depot.
They all say "if they have tried to deliver your parcel you must have the card"
I explain its not been delivered yet I want to collect it.

So after all that, the best I've got so far, is some "nice chap" in England somewhere is going to Fax the Aberdeen office and tell them to keep it there.

Whats the chances, I'll bet I get to the depot to be told its on its way to my house.
Then I'll get home to find a "failed delivery card"
and here we go again .

Victor Meldrew lives on !!!!

BenB

posted on 17/12/07 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Guernsey isn't part of the UK so it's not Royal Mail. The first bit of the journey is via Guernsey Post which can be a bit slow (I think they've only got one donkey and sometimes it's sick)....

At least ParcelFarce and DHHell don't do what Amazon's "Home Delivery Network" did the other day. Left the parcel right outside my home leaning against the front door. Wouldn't have been a problem except it was in a cardboard package and it was pissing it down.... Got home to some very soggy books.... Doh!

mcerd1

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago (must be 5 or 6) the local citylink driver was useless

he used to deliver to next door all the time (even when we were in), then when we were out he left my new £900 laptop (in a cardboard box) on the door step and singed the thing himself
luckly everything was ok (the house was in the middle of nowhere, and it didn't rain untill an hour after I got home) but he could at least have left it next door or in the shed (right next to the house door) or something

SeaBass

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Round my way DHL is actually pretty good. They are easy to deal with and collections from the depot are not a problem. Shitty link are more problematic.

The worst by far are Business Post - as used by Rally Design! I had something delivered & for my postcode their depot is 100miles away! Even though they have an Edinburgh depot about 22miles from where I live. Now I know I have decided to get out of the city but boy that's a bit much.

Royal mail is still my choice of carrier because the local post office is so friendly!

Cheers

Danozeman

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
TNT are the best by far. They are royal mails main rival.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

turbodisplay

posted on 17/12/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
My friend sent me 2 CDS with millions of child support details via DHL. I`m still waiting for it!................

[Edited on 17/12/07 by turbodisplay]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thunderace

posted on 17/12/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor
I have now discovered I wont be here on wednesday, I will be about 5 mins from their depot.
So, i thought I'll just phone and say I wil collect. Easy!

God Nooooooo!

Its almost impossible to contact the depot direct.
I have spent 45 mins on various answer machines and spoken to 6 people, none of whom can let me call the depot.
They all say "if they have tried to deliver your parcel you must have the card"
I explain its not been delivered yet I want to collect it.

So after all that, the best I've got so far, is some "nice chap" in England somewhere is going to Fax the Aberdeen office and tell them to keep it there.

Whats the chances, I'll bet I get to the depot to be told its on its way to my house.
Then I'll get home to find a "failed delivery card"
and here we go again .

Victor Meldrew lives on !!!!

bet its on his van anyone want to bet ,,,
bet he cards you lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.