Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress
Slater

posted on 20/2/08 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Progress

Hi, I've made some progress. It's looking the colour I intended anyway! None of the panels are fixed yet, just placed on. Very pleased with it so far, although I've made a few mistakes (cutting the side panels at the front edge too far back where it meets the nose cone, only by 1/2". It's difficult being so far away from other MAC#1's to look at, I must go and see Ewan's soon to see how he's getting on.
Keith

some body work trial fitted
some body work trial fitted

[Edited on 20/2/08 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

Dangle_kt

posted on 20/2/08 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
You could do an awesome BEC converstion using the mighty power plant in that there trike!

Nice work mate.

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/2/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
You'll be glad when it's finished and you can stop using that trike

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/2/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
You could do an awesome BEC converstion using the mighty power plant in that there trike!

Nice work mate.

bah beaten to it

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ash_hammond

posted on 20/2/08 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Lookin' Good - Keep up the good work.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

bigrich

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
looking good Keith, will the nose slide rearwards any more to hide the mistake.
Piccy of mine so you can compare,adjust if poss

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Slater

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thank for the pic Rich, very helpfull. Yep the nose cone will be going as far back as possible to minimise the gap. I guess thats an advantage of the dark British Racing Green colour - its dark and hides any gaps better that a bright colour. I'll still know it's there though
Keith

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

bigrich

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
you could add an edging strip to the side panel to reduce the gap a little more if its still noticeable
I'm sure its not that noticeable, you tend to be your own worst critic and other people don't see the "mistakes"

Rich

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

ewan

posted on 22/2/08 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Looking really good Keith and yes i did exactly the same and cut the side panels 1/2" short.

I've got Gary from Fraserburgh coming over on Sunday to show me what to do with the electrical side of things, if you want to come over you are more than welcome.

I think that Mac 1 should move the company to Aberdeen, this would help in the build process as we could pop in and have a look, the same as Darren does every 3 weeks....!

Just an idea, might see you on Sunday.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.