Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: fuel sender not working after conversion
tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 04:41 PM
fuel sender not working after conversion

sent my car off for bec conversion fuel sender working perfect itcome back i was told that it mustof packed up as no longer worked. just took the back cover off to get part no so i could order a new one to finf a red wire connected to one pin and then a brown wire cut and tied to the red wire. i cant find where this is ment to go could it just be a earth wire.

by the way i am sure it is an ecort fuel sender.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 13/5/08 at 05:28 PM
Have you tested the tank to see if its earthed.

+ check if the brown wire is an earth.

my sender relies on the tank being earthed, if I disconect the earth from the tank it stops working.

Paul

edit - also test if the red wire is actually suppling a +12 volts - if not the fault could be a broken wire or connection else were.

[Edited on 13/5/08 by Paul (Notts)]

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 05:31 PM
i will have to have a look as the it was fitted when it was converted to bec as old one had lead in it
Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 13/5/08 at 05:35 PM
If you left your vehicle in the care of a retail outlet being paid to carry out work for you, and aforementioned item was working before it was left in their care but faulty when it comes back it should stand to reason that it is their duty of care to leave you with a vehicle in the same condition as you handed it over to them in (or better if you are paying them to upgrade it) and up to them to repair the item
tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 05:59 PM
no chance of that as paid for sump baffle plate to be fitted but wasnt
Kriss

posted on 13/5/08 at 06:05 PM
TJ, dd you just say that you paid for a baffled sum but it was never fitted?

I too am meant to have a plate fitted to my R1, how can I tell this has been done?

Is the rest of the conversion OK?

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 13/5/08 at 06:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tjoh84
no chance of that as paid for sump baffle plate to be fitted but wasnt

Well please name and shame such a shoddy retailer so that others know to avoid them like the plague.

also if you paid for said item you should either ask for it to be fitted or ask for a refund at the very least.

mookaloid

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:10 PM
clue

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Pdlewis

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:39 PM
as far as i know the only way to can tell is if you drop the sump out
welderman

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:45 PM
jubal is the man to speak to, im not biased or owt but do a search for him and you might find the problem.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=85119

[Edited on 13/5/08 by welderman]

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
jubal is the man to speak to, im not biased or owt but do a search for him and you might find the problem.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=85119

So we can honestly say that whoever is being entrusted (and paid) to carry out these jobs of work should not be let loose with a forking play doh set............

Jubal

posted on 13/5/08 at 08:38 PM
Yeah, I suffered at the hands of this guy too. My sender was removed completely so before you wire it up check it's actually there!!

Reading this I'm going to have to drop my sump now, he said one was fitted but you can't tell from the outside. I have a receipt for one from him so there will be another interesting discussion with trading standards if it's not there.

Mind you, I have plenty of time to check the sump whilst I'm rewiring the car...

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 13/5/08 at 08:46 PM
Ok we can safely say that from the correlation of two differing people having issues that it seems that the B.E.C. centre are a how shall we say ahem a little intellectually challenged and would appear somewhat dishonest to boot ....

The people I feel sorry for (apart from trusting customers) are M.N.R. as the aforementioned company were announced as a build agent for them, not something I reckon that Marc & his father Chris would really wish to be associated with.

I really hope that this company pull their socks up and don't end up like the other crooks of the trade GTS.....

[Edited on 13-5-08 by Dragon-Performance-Eu]

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:26 PM
think you ment bec center

hiya see some people looked up lol as you can see i did noting but prais the guy ask jubal but when you get the product it not what you pay for and he pass's the blame at first it was he told someone to fit it then it was well i done extras for you forgetting that he charges me for it and not fitting reverse like i book it in to have and the over ride fan switch he told me to order then fitted to dash and not wire it up lol. he might say it me like he told me it was jubal but come on the only 2 conversions and both had probs. the sad thing is i belived chris over jubal but think that was wishfull thinking. and here is a copy or u2u you get back by the way the s wheel was his fault as he quted me for paddle shift he should of checked that the dash i paid for and the swiths i paid for. the tank he had to reove to take ead out fair enougth it was no good so i sent matin at mk eng (top guy by the way) whi make the cradel nd the hard work link and the manifold can be bothered to go on but at end of the day im getting the probs sorded my self now as as with jubal i have fell out with the guy who converted my car.

zxrlocost
To: tjoh84
Sent: 103030p://1723 at 10:17
Message: terry there is nothing wrong with that conversion or engine I video'd it when I came down the other day to cover my own back you then whaled it out the street leaving it bouncing off the limiter infirst gear for ages which will do it no good whatsoever

changing the tank and supplying an expensive steering wheel redoing a complete new dash not just supplying then driving down to your house for which I offer no warranty as its a right deal
as others would charge 4k for a conversion have you actually added up the parts youve got

we did 15-20 miles in that car and it performed fine

telling me to shove it up my ass through an email is fantastic after Ive been so helpful.
Reply - Forward

[Edited on 103131p://1223 by tjoh84]

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:30 PM
ow yea and my savage switchs dont lite up blue the reason i brought then
Pdlewis

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:35 PM
could I suggest both of you check the size of the fuel pipe fitted as I think you'll find its 6mm which may be a tad small. I got my MNR kit from him and needless to say had a simlar experience and now deal only with MNR. Very simlar story paying for something and getting something very different but give in his defence after me getting a bit fustraited he did refund me for a couple of bits
omega 24 v6

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:35 PM
quote:

ow yea and my savage switchs dont lite up blue the reason i brought then

Do they light up at all???

Surprising post this one given, that I too would say that after meeting the guys from MNR, they will be pretty browned off with this as well.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:37 PM
was fine hummmmmmmmm funny not what me and ny next door naiber remem you rushing trying to sort things out. then getting in panic and taking rad cap off when hot and getting sprayed in the face enen i know that is not right lol.
tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:40 PM
nope they work but dont light up lol. the best bit is you get to like him and will tell every one he is great but only to be let down at the end.
omega 24 v6

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:44 PM
You'll manage to get the switches to light up OK on your own i reckon. prob is you've prolly already paid for that from what your saying.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:47 PM
yep was ment to be done can i just say that martin at mk eng is a top guy and his work is tops same as for malc at yourkshire engs he come all the way down to check over great guys and service
Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tjoh84
the best bit is you get to like him and will tell every one he is great but only to be let down at the end.

Don't you mean the worst bit ?

I hope the guy fronts up and sorts things out for your sakes and the sake of his own business.

tjoh84

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:55 PM
maybe
welderman

posted on 13/5/08 at 10:48 PM
if you provide a service to people who gather on a public forum, you would expect that the works carried out would be satisfactory, no matter how much you spend.
There are companys out there who will take your money from you and provide a service which is totally unsatisfactory (cowboys), fellas just be aware of people like that, do your homework first, it's an expensive mistake.
So to you out there who proivide crappy workmanship shame on you, you know who you are and will most probably carry on doing what you do as thats all you know.

For leagal reasons no names were mentioned, or amimals harmed in this message.. My cat is sleeping in my avatar not dead.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 14/5/08 at 12:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
if you provide a service to people who gather on a public forum, you would expect that the works carried out would be satisfactory, no matter how much you spend.
There are company's out there who will take your money from you and provide a service which is totally unsatisfactory (cowboys), fellas just be aware of people like that, do your homework first, it's an expensive mistake.
So to you out there who provide crappy workmanship shame on you, you know who you are and will most probably carry on doing what you do as thats all you know.

For legal reasons no names were mentioned

I will name names it would appear that the people (at least x3 so far) are very unhappy with the service provided by a Mr Chris Darby (zxrlocost), owner of the B.E.C. Centre.

What I cannot understand is, if he is a "supposed" build agent for M.N.R & a "supposed" B.E.C centre, why is he getting others to undertake his work (or at least blaming others for the faults that paying customers vehicles in his care are leaving his premises with anyway) ?

Having met & spoke to named gentleman at Donnington kit show last year, the common consensus is that he is a prime knuckle shuffler, but that fact was not put out into the forum due to the usual suspects who would instantly jump to the gents defense, irrespective of how he treats paying customers.

It would appear he is a Crook and not a very clever one at that.

Mr Darby if you are reading this and you feel anything that is being said about you untrue, please feel free to u2u me about it and I will pass on to you my solicitors details to allow both Her and I a good laugh at your resulting whine.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.