Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mac 1 or Mk
baldeagle

posted on 1/7/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mac 1 or Mk

Been looking still for a while and got it down to these two based on what i have been reading on here.
So what are you own views on the kits mentioned above, honset opinions please, and im going bike engine.

Thanks Ady

eznfrank

posted on 1/7/08 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
No matter what you've read before or what peoples responses are, my advice would be to go and drive them both, and maybe a few others while you're in the area.
Jon Ison

posted on 1/7/08 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty much as above, if its the old indy v Mac 1 then IMHO its your call, if its the new spec indy then no contest.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Your not going to go far wrong with either of those kits,both good helpfull companys to deal with,both within 15 miles of each other,so you need to visit both companys,but I would take a good look at MK's new Indy spec-R,it costs £600 more than the original Indy,but the drive and handling are much improved.

Here's a video of my Indy-R zx10r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXX5wJbwYSM

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Go for the one with the tubular chassis, much stronger for the weight than box section.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

jos

posted on 1/7/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
My vote goes to MAC#1 but I would also advise that you go and see both, try both and then place the order for either the 9R or probably 9R worX

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

asn163

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
As per the above, you really need to visit both of them for a chat , have a look at the cars and see who you feel more comfortable to deal with.
JIZZSTER

posted on 1/7/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi good luck I was in your position 2 months ago and came down to these two cars. I live down in essex never been to either factory phoned them both a few times asked questions etc as a 1st time builder. I did it completly blind so probably not a good person to comment. I finally went Mac1 purely on building a rapport with Mark and Colin the kits seem very simular both look amazing and you wont go wrong with either

steve

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
baldeagle

posted on 2/7/08 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Right so it seems that i now need to have a run out in one or the other and go see them.
The only other kit ive been out in was a mastes robin hood and i thought that was very dull and boring, so want the whoooosh bike engine factor, thanks for your input fellas

Thanks Ady

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.