New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hamilton looses it ...
novacaine

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton looses it ...

25 second penalty

drops him to 3rd

Link

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

jollygreengiant

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
as discussed elsewhere

Linky to thread

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

russbost

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
What utter, utter one sided unfair treatment - perhaps McLaren should paint their cars red! That is total & absolute b*llocks
Absolutely pathetic!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Minicooper

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
I was under the impression that as long as he didn't benefit from the corner cuting ie giving back the place on the straight which he clearly did then all was equal

Cheers
David

[Edited on 7/9/08 by Minicooper]

britishtrident

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
The Autosport Atlas F1 forum is jump up and down mad.

Mosley must go before he destroys F1

When are Ferrari going to learn are doing themselves a lot of PR damage.

[Edited on 7/9/08 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

LBMEFM

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, never mind, sh^t happens
Mark G

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
What a crock. I can't believe that they took his win off him. As far as I'm concerned yes he gained an advantage from cutting the chicane but then he immediately let Kimi past again therefore forfitting his advantage.

I hate to say it but I am beginning to believe that the FIA are biased towards Ferrari.

Mix

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
How the f**k can we stop this ridiculous state of affairs continuing?

I've enjoyed F1 motorsport for a long time and I don't want to see it f**ked up for the sake of some short arse and his zenophobic mates ego / bank balance.

RK

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Plenty of time in the season to go.
clairetoo

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote

That was the best finish to a formula 1 GP I have seen for a long time - totally the wrong decision

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Paul (Notts)

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uTo1rjn054c

Is this what they are on about...

I just dont understand how they can say he did anything wrong..Apart fom race!!!

( first part of vid)

Paul

nstrug

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari International Assistance to the rescue!

I thought that corner cutting only resulted in a penalty if you gained a place?

Nick

stevec

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
That really sucks, It really does show how Ferrari rule the roost.
eddie99

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
This is stupid, i hope Ron Dennis appeals against this, I agree with most of you, if ferrari had done this, it would have been fine.

How can be possibly get an advantage by letting him go through and then getting in his slipstream to overtake again, thats racing, not cheating! Ontop of that, the Ferrari overtook again as hamilton went wide, You cant blame Hamilton for the crash at all!

FIA sucks!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RK

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
It looks to me, from an unbiased foreigner's perspective, that LH cut him off by taking a shortcut. Where is the bias?
ecosse

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'm no big fan of Hamilton, but I have to agree, that punishment is way out of order

Also interesting that Kovy got a drive through for bumping Webbo, yet Kimi got nothing for bumping Hamilton and forcing him across the chicane (the alternative was an accident and who would have been blamed if that had happened I wonder)

Cheers
Alex

JUD

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ecosse
Also interesting that Kovy got a drive through for bumping Webbo, yet Kimi got nothing for bumping Hamilton and forcing him across the chicane (the alternative was an accident and who would have been blamed if that had happened I wonder)

Or when Kimi totalled the Force India at Monaco just after the tunnel, when they were on for their first points finish... hmmm

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

scootz

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
I must be in the minority (and posted this on the earlier thread before the investigation was launched).

I'm a Macca fan, but even to me it was obvious that Hamilton did not yield properly!

First things first - Kimi defended the corner correctly. Hamilton was never going to make that one on the outside without running wide.

When he returned to the track, he was fractionally behind Kimi and momentarily stayed fractionally behind Kimi (that's not yielding). But having cut the corner, Hamilton was able to get the power down quicker. This is backed up by the stewards investigation into Hamiltons telemetry - it showed (allegedly) that he never backed off at any point... he just kept accelerating!

Yes, I agree that the rules such as these make for a less exciting speactacle, but the rules are the rules and Hamilton stepped outside them.

He should have actively yielded to Raikkonen when he returned to the track and not used his deviation to his advantage. It was clear to me visually (and I obviously have no access to telemetry!) that Hamilton gained an enormous advantage.

If that's not enough (which is plenty for me), I understand that in these circumstances a driver is not allowed to overtake until AFTER the NEXT corner anyway.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

When he returned to the track, he was fractionally behind Kimi and momentarily stayed fractionally behind Kimi (that's not yielding). But having cut the corner, Hamilton was able to get the power down quicker. This is backed up by the stewards investigation into Hamiltons telemetry - it showed (allegedly) that he never backed off at any point... he just kept accelerating!

Video seems to show hamilton ahead of Kimi when he returns to the track and hamilton clearly lets Kimi pass before attacking again..

Paul

Surrey Dave

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Quite Right??

Yes we must cut out any overtaking ,or dare I say RACING.

I even thought Kovalainen was over punished for trying hard to overtake.

These high speed advertising hoardings must not be damaged!!!!!!

coozer

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
I thought he was fair.. he got out of the way instead of crashing then realising he'd cut the corner hung back and let the mad man past. Totally fair racing in my eyes...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Paul (Notts)

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched the video again and still it looks total fair and in the true spirit of racing. He lets Kimi get back in the lead and then Races again..

Paul

theconrodkid

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
remember last year when hammy was in the lead he suddenly had a gearbox problem and then he wasnt allowed to pit when a tyre started to laminate.....all to give the red cars another championship?i should think so

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

locoR1

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
This really is a load of B*llocks what's the point in watching a race to have the results changed yet again for no apparent reason apart from helping out Ferrari

I hardly ever watch an F1 race anymore due to bul*shit like this happening. I really enjoyed what I thought was a fair race till reading this post!

Something needs to be done to stop this madness. I for one wont be wasting anymore of my time watching F1 its Moto GP only from now on!

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

Volvorsport

posted on 7/9/08 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
never saw it , but , its teh RACE STEWARDS who have handed the drive by penalty to him , ferrari did not instigate it .

it also cannot be appealed against !

i wanted raikkonen to win just to keep teh championship a bit more alive , but you cant help think theres somebody engineering stuff altho if lewis gained extra momentum/traction from straightlining the corner is that not an advantage ?

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.