Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortx RT+ ZX10R on pistonheads
carpy

posted on 13/9/08 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortx RT+ ZX10R on pistonheads

Anybody know anything about this MNR for sale? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/682922.htm

Have tried to contact the seller but currently had no reply. Anyone recognise the car or have comments on the advert?

Cheers

coozer

posted on 13/9/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
"it has phenominal acceleration (60 in 3 secs)and bags of power in every gear, it's like F1 for the road."

Hmm, I wonder....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

stuart_g

posted on 13/9/08 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
"it has phenominal acceleration (60 in 3 secs)and bags of power in every gear, it's like F1 for the road."

Hmm, I wonder....

That figure is probably not far off. BEC cars actually accelerate very quickly. My R1 powered Vortx does 60+ in first gear so it is only a matter of dumping the clutch and floor it.

mr henderson

posted on 13/9/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpy
Anybody know anything about this MNR for sale? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/682922.htm

Have tried to contact the seller but currently had no reply. Anyone recognise the car or have comments on the advert?

Cheers

"not for the faint-hearted"

hmmmm, haven't heard that one before. I supose it means that if a person had a faint heart (whatever that is) then maybe he hadn't better buy that car?

carpy

posted on 13/9/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Cant get through to the seller anyway so perhaps it's sold or something. Or maybe he's on holiday.......
Hellfire

posted on 13/9/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon 3 seconds 0-60mph is slightly optimistic. 4 seconds is probably more realistic. Still damn quick though

Phil

TimC

posted on 13/9/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I met Wynn at MNR the day that I ordered my kit. He was collecting his.

I think it's a nice build. If I remember right he lives on Anglesey. There are some pictures of the car on the MNR site.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/9/08 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Hmm, I wonder....

That figure is probably not far off. BEC cars actually accelerate very quickly. My R1 powered Vortx does 60+ in first gear so it is only a matter of dumping the clutch and floor it.

And probably as quick as you could ever want for the road - maybe too quick in most situations!! Some people just wont accept that BEC's are flippin quick!!

MK9R

posted on 13/9/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I saw this car (and spoke to the guy) on a trackday at anglesey, it was very nicely made and was going very well on the track

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.