Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2.0 duratec ST vvt problem
Gre3D

posted on 2/3/17 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
2.0 duratec ST vvt problem

hi guys,
here's a problem i'm having. a direct copy of the mail i sent to motorsport electronics.;

The car runs perfectly smooth without the vvt controller connected to the wiring.
But when i plug it in ( it's wired up ok and it works) but the engine stalls at certain points in the rpm range ( not always the same rpm/effect ) i wired it up with shielded wire for all sensors, even the power feed and the wiring to the solenoid is shielded wire. Sometimes i see the rpm on my digital dash peak to 10.000 rpm when it is happening ( when it is more around 3/4000 rpm) the digital dash is wired to the dis coil. Megasquirt seems to not have that problem with the rpm's (from flywheel sensor & also shielded wiring) the shield on the wires is connected to ground on both sides.
Any idea's on what may cause my problem?do Keep in mind that the car runs perfectly with the vtt controller not hooked up to the wiring, so even though it's a base map i dont think that could cause the problem.
Hoping you can help me out!
------
so any idea's on here? the people know what i'm experiencing the more chances i have of getting it fixed!
tonight i'll try and do some test runs with the scope hooked up to the coil, but it's raining and windy and my littles test road is covered in mud and horse sh*t so i'd rather not have to do many testruns

greetz!
Frederik

Dusty

posted on 2/3/17 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
The only obvious thing to mention first off is that when using shielded wires only one end of the shielding should be grounded, never both ends.
Is your engine a Zetec St170 badged Duratec on the cam cover or is it a proper Duratec?
Can you post the cam advance table on here in some form?

Gre3D

posted on 4/3/17 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the reply.
i thin i might have found the problem. nothing to do with the vvt controller though! i think it was my own fault...
i found the cooling fan relay ground control short out with the launch control ground control. so when the fan was on, so was launch control... had a hard time figuring that out...
well it goes like crazy now. even with calculated base maps i think it's faster then my 2016 focus RS.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.