Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yamaha R6 ITB to 1600 XFlow manifold question
Rickta

posted on 20/6/17 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yamaha R6 ITB to 1600 XFlow manifold question

Hi all,

I'm a newby on here from Brisbane, Australia, I have a 1600 Xflow that I'm looking to put on to ITB's.

I was looking at some 38mm GSXR600 throttle bodies and came across some cheap 2003 R1 38mm bodies so I couldn't resist them.

My problem is that I didn't quite do my research, it seemed fairly easy to get the manifold runners turned down from 38mm to my 35mm intake matching the profile of the Suzuki bodies but the oval Yamaha intakes have got me looking at other ideas.

My plan is to use Yamaha R6 OEM intake rubbers and match them to an alloy flange, port a little to marry the flange to a round pipe tapered down to my 35mm intake. There are some good and fairly cheap water jet cutters down the road from me.

I'm not in a rush, the engine is in pieces and I'm going to be too busy to put in together for a couple of months so ordering a manifold from Bogg Brothers or Dan etc might be a real option as well.

I have seen some people have squashed alloy pipe to marry it up to the oval ITB's but I haven't seen anyone marry something up
the OEM intake rubbers - am I overcomplicating this?

Cheers,
Rick

SJ

posted on 20/6/17 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
The big benefit of the OEM rubbers is they mount the ITBs much more firmly as they were designed for the job.

I have ZX6 carbs and used the OEM rubbers and an ali plate to mount them.

Stu

Rickta

posted on 21/6/17 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Stu,
Thanks for the reply.

I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
Rick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.