Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injector wire size... injectors not firing
furryeggs

posted on 28/7/17 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Injector wire size... injectors not firing

So I'm having an issue getting my blacktop running. Before i rewired new injector plugs it ran ok and fired first time. Now however it won't start. Nothing else has changed other than the injector loom/plugs. Stupidly I haven't got the original plugs so i can't swap them back over to check. With the new plugs i used new wire as well wich is a different gauge. Is this going to of dropped the impedance enough to not fire the injectors.

I've checked That I've got 12v at the injector all the way to the plug, the ecu is seeing the the crank sensor, i have 12v at the coil and test lights on the spark plugs so I can see them firing. I have fuel at the rail as well but no smell of petrol in the TBs.

2.0 blacktop
Hyabusa TBs
Emerald K3 ecu

britishtrident

posted on 28/7/17 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
The injectors don't take a huge current only abiut 3 amps peak for a very short pulse, modern cars have very skinny wires to the injectors.
Test the control (ground) wires to an injector with a test standard light wired to battery positive if you don't see the light flickering you have a problem with the control side wiring to the ecu.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

furryeggs

posted on 28/7/17 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Well, I've just had a re test with the meter and although i had 12v at the injectors and coil I was loosing in when cranking. I had used the the 1st position key supply for the coul when re running the wires. I bypassed it with a fused supply direct to the battery and it fired straight up. Rather than running new wires can i use an unused dash swicth as a type of immobiliser switch? that way the 12v won't be perminatley on the coul etc.
britishtrident

posted on 28/7/17 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
The ignition must be getting power from the "ACC" terminals on the Ignition switch not the "IGN"

See this link to the Holdens Classic parts website

[Edited on 28/7/17 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Angel Acevedo

posted on 28/7/17 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs
Well, I've just had a re test with the meter and although i had 12v at the injectors and coil I was loosing in when cranking. I had used the the 1st position key supply for the coul when re running the wires. I bypassed it with a fused supply direct to the battery and it fired straight up. Rather than running new wires can i use an unused dash swicth as a type of immobiliser switch? that way the 12v won't be perminatley on the coul etc.

If you feel so inclined, I´d put it behind the dash, or below the seat in an inconspicuous location..
a friend of mine had rigged his truck with a bare wire laying under his seat between the mat and a plastic mat on top...
You had to touch it to start the car...
Else, the engine would crank but would misfire and wouldn´t start.
I don´t know how he accomplished that...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.