Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with Megasquirt setup
Regan_M

posted on 19/6/18 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Help with Megasquirt setup

Hi Guys,

I am after some help with getting my Megasquirt converted Silverstop Zebec running better. i am running MS1 on a 2.0 silver top Zebec running GSX-R 750 throttle bodies, i have connected everything up, it runs, idles lovely will rev when you give it throttle however when you go to give it half / gradual throttle it just goes all "fluffy" and bogs down like its getting to much fuel etc.

I have not got a clue how to use Megasuirt software etc to adjust thing but i was looking to get a decent "base" set up to allow me to drive to somewhere who could set it up properly on dyno etc.

Is there anyone located in South wales area that could assist / knows how to make adjustment to get a decent base value?

Cheers.

CosKev3

posted on 20/6/18 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Have you got Tuner Studio on your laptop for a starting point?

Who put the Base map on to get it running?

Regan_M

posted on 20/6/18 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Have you got Tuner Studio on your laptop for a starting point?

Who put the Base map on to get it running?

I bought the car has an unfinished project of sorts, the car had been running on the road in its current setup for a number of years with this Megasquirt/ throttle body setup however the previous owner dismantled the car to make some changes and paint and never reassembled it so when I bought it I had to undertake all the unfinished jobs and essentially just plug all the engine sensors wires from Megasquirt back in to how they were before, the only thing that I have to physically wire in was the lambda sensor.

It fires up on the button, idles around 900rpm, revs if you give it a lump of throttle but bogs down if you give it gradual / partial throttle. The plugs were black when removed covered in soot and when I cleaned and gapped them it improved things.

I have downloaded “Tuner studio MS lite V3.0.28” on my laptop and I have the serial port lead to connect into the Megasquirt ECU but that’s where I stop as I’m not good with this kind of thing.

CosKev3

posted on 20/6/18 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Have you put fresh fuel in?

Should really run exactly how it did before it was taken off the road tbf regarding the MS settings

Regan_M

posted on 20/6/18 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Have you put fresh fuel in?

Should really run exactly how it did before it was taken off the road tbf regarding the MS settings

Yes fresh fuel, and I agree I though if it was on the rod for a number of years it should be plug and play, maybe there’s something silly I’m missing however I have no spare plugs or wires for engine, everything is where it should be as far as I am concerned. Hence why I was hoping for someone who was local to me to take a look via Tuner studio when is running to see if something could be identified.

Maybe I should get it off the axle stands and take it down the street to see if it’s any better under load, although can’t imagine it would be

theduck

posted on 20/6/18 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
My first guess would be the throttle position sensor isnt working
Regan_M

posted on 20/6/18 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
My first guess would be the throttle position sensor isnt working

Is there any way of verifying this other than via Tuner Studio?

Thanks

theduck

posted on 20/6/18 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Probably with a multimeter but it’s easy to check with tunerstudio.
Regan_M

posted on 20/6/18 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Probably with a multimeter but it’s easy to check with tunerstudio.

Is there an online guide on how to use Tuner studio because when I open it up I’ve not got a clue

Regan_M

posted on 20/6/18 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have just realised why my Tuner Studio would not connect to the ECU on my car, I have never purchased the registration and entered it in th software I downloaded.

I have just done this now and it stated “Registration Activated” so fingers crossed when I connect later to the car it will work

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.