Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emerald K3 resetting itself???
furryeggs

posted on 24/7/18 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Emerald K3 resetting itself???

I think I might have an issue with my ECU resetting itself. I noticed a a change in my idle speed and when I plugged it in to check things my injector settings had changed back to 200cc and 2.7 bar FP from the mapped 240cc 3.0 bar FP along with the injector and ignition maps. I have the map to reload and it all goes back to that but after a run out and parking up it reverts back to the old.

TPS, Temp settings, Wideband etc all stay as programmed it’s just the injectors and ignition...

I have it wired to pin 28 and 11 as per emeralds drawings but it’s not through it’s own relay which i think according to emerald also puts a voltage back to pin 4 for ecu on engine not running signal???

Does anyone know whats going on?

Myke 2463

posted on 26/7/18 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Ring Dave or Karl at Emerald, always willing to help.

Be Lucky Mike.

furryeggs

posted on 9/8/18 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
So, Ive spoken to Emerald and my K3 isn’t resetting itself, I’m just reading the info wrong.

On The injector scaling page only the msbp number is stored by the ECU, the injector size and FP (200cc and 2.7 FP) are only used as a referance when setting the new injector size etc, which generates the msbp number for the map... I had reset the injectors from the all ready scaled settings which dropped the msbp number leaning the map fuelling, causing the idle to drop.

Karl checked through the map and said it all looked ok other than a slightly low injector pulse rate at about 50%, it shoukd be closer to 85% with my injector size. I’m assuming once things have been remapped for my new exhaust and a higher BHP the rate should increase???

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.