Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt Second O2 Sensor.
Angel Acevedo

posted on 1/11/18 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt Second O2 Sensor.

Dear Locostbuilders.
I am working my way through mating a lion, an eagle, a toad, a coral reef and a bunch of ants...
Going serious.
As stated in other post, Figuring out my wiring before I start chopping and splicing wires.
After searching for anything that may have been of help, this question is for Megasquit to Mustang harness connections/arrangements.
My version of Megasquirt has provisions for 1 O2 sensor either NB or WB, but the engine harness has two O2 sensors.
Is it worth the hassle to add the imput to megasquirt and have two O2 sensors at all times?
Or am I better off to have only one?
One thing that has come to my mind is having both installed and a selector switch to monitor both readings while tuning.
Your views on this subject are really apreciated.
Angel Acevedo

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 1/11/18 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I’m running a single wb in one V8 header.

Its a plenum intake, and injectors batch fire 2 from opposite sides of the V, so I’m seeing the O2 from half the cylinders, but all the key MS components are involved, i.e spark and injectors.

Not had any issues, and can’t really see what advantage a second wb would provide.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 2/11/18 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
Second input is only worth it on top end V configs where per-cyl or per-bank mapping is done. OEMs use it to check the function of the Catalytic converter, you don't need it at all. Single wideband is the best option.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 2/11/18 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks.
One O2 sensor will be wired only then.
Best regards.
AA

big_wasa

posted on 2/11/18 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
What year is the mustang ? Anything 2000> should have four, two for each bank. Pre and post cat.

I would have run it on the Oem ecu, it’s not like you will need more power.

[Edited on 2/11/18 by big_wasa]

Angel Acevedo

posted on 3/11/18 at 02:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
What year is the mustang ? Anything 2000> should have four, two for each bank. Pre and post cat.

I would have run it on the Oem ecu, it’s not like you will need more power.

[Edited on 2/11/18 by big_wasa]

Mustang is a1995, It has two O2 sensors, and that was the origin of my question.

I still have the Computer but not the MAF sensor now. When I decided to go Megasquirt I didn´t have the ECU, That changed as I bought a running donor to get the transmission.
I finished soldering megasquirt wires to the DB37 connector an hour ago or so.
Wires are arranged for single O2 sensor.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 3/11/18 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Just to be different I decided to push the boat out and go for two WB gauges, one for each bank, with the feed to the ECU controlled by a toggle switch.

I don't make life easy for myself

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

40inches

posted on 3/11/18 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
Just to be different I decided to push the boat out and go for two WB gauges, one for each bank, with the feed to the ECU controlled by a toggle switch.

I don't make life easy for myself

Bit of an understatement

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.