Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR throttle bodies
piddy

posted on 2/5/06 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR throttle bodies

Hi.
Ive got a few questions on my mind regarding the throttle bodies.

Do the pipes off the head flange have to be angled up wards? or can they be level?

Has any one used a zetec fuel rail/injectors plugged in to the GSXR bodies?

What length of trumpets is recommended
is it a case of as long as space allows?

Thanks for any advise/links etc.

JohnN

posted on 2/5/06 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Great questions - I wish somebody would answer !

I guess angled down is most efficient (straightest line into the cylinders), but may raise the overall height of the engine and therefore bonnet line, horizontal would be more compact - would the difference in performance be noticeable?

What are the flow rates of stock GSXR, 600, 750, 1000 injectors, ditto zetec 2 litre, are they interchangeable?

Anybody got some experience/information?

John - thinking of gsxr 600 tb's on a 2 litre zetec

chasmon

posted on 2/5/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
WEll I can help a bit...

The Zetec injectors will not fit teh GSXR TBs. There shouldn;t really be any need though as the GSXR ones flow quite well anyway.

Have a look here for info on flow rates sizes etc.

I have personally gone for a setup usign a DCOE manifodl and will make the adpaters myself. This gives correct port angles.

nre

posted on 3/5/06 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to Chasmon for pointing you in the direction of my website. I am using the GSXR750 injectors, have just taken all the wideband kit off the car as I'm happy I've got as far as I can with the mapping for the time being. The info I dug out suggested the 750 injectors were ~270cc/min @3bar, and on my 1.8 zetec with 130 cams I am running a max duty cycle of 83% with what I believe to be a 2.5bar regulator, so 270cc/min @3bar can't be far off.

I have seen plenty of zetec manifolds that come straight out from the head, ie not angled upwards at all. Even the trust electrical manifold with plenum has horizontal runners, so although not absolutely ideal I guess it can't be a major issue?

As for trumpets, zetecs are renowned for liking long intakes, have a look at Matt Seabrook's westfield for an example!

Cheers,

Neil

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.