Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vacuum pipe
piddy

posted on 4/7/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
vacuum pipe

Hi.
Can I run a vacuum pipe to the map sensor in the ECU and have a T in it to supply the fuel regulator? or must they be seperate?

I'm using GSXR throttle bodies I've connected the multi pipe that goes to all four ports to the Fildle valve and was thinking of using the single one to the above. Does this sound Ok ?

chockymonster

posted on 4/7/06 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
The map sensor for my boost controller teed into the fpr feed so I can't see a problem.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 4/7/06 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
You can tee quite a few things from the same vacuum pipe - so no problem

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dusty

posted on 5/7/06 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Isn't running MAP off one intake similar to the problems you get using single intake vacuum to the dizzy on twin 40/45 installations. i.e. oscillations of pressure give unstable load readings at lower revs affecting idle and low speed running. Most people running twin sidedraughts give up the vacuum tube, although a few use four pipes to a plenum, then the dizzy.

Does this translate over to ECU & MAP or does it not behave the same? And if not why not?

bike_power

posted on 9/7/06 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
The busa will run too rich at idle if you only use one take off, need to use all four. (Assuming you're using stock ECU and stock fuel pressure)

If you look you'll see that each of the take offs is very small bore, this is done on purpose to limit the sudden rush of vacuum that can occur when you snap the throttle shut.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.