Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: manifold options
theohighland

posted on 16/8/06 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
manifold options

i know this is wishful thinking, but does anyone know if this manifold off a 2 ltr Fiat would it fit a 2ltr ford DOHC?!?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWIN-WEBBER-WEBER-INLET-MANIFOLD_W0QQitemZ280016390545QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10382QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

zetec7

posted on 16/8/06 at 03:36 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think so, unfortunately - I think the port spacing is different...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nludkin

posted on 16/8/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I am using a 2lt DOHC also and to the best of my knowledge no other engine ever used the same head as it. The bottom of the engine was used on old RS2000's but I think even the heads from those have completely different port spacing.

You could have a look at the custom manifold that Mark Allanson (Previous Thread) made. This is the kind of route I plan to use in the end, but for the time being I am considering a hole in the bonnet :-(

MkIndy7

posted on 16/8/06 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Best bet is to wander round the scrap yards with your tape measure.

Measure the port spacings on yours and see if there's anything similar in the scrappers, it might take a little bit of grinding with a dremel to get em perfect (in which case they'd be better than the Manufacturers!)

Can't remember if that was just the injectors but for example we found that the pinto and one of the Rovers were both on 4" centres.

coozer

posted on 16/8/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
The flange were it bolts to the head is at 45 degrees, so no chance of it fitting anything else.

I've got a original fiat manifold in the shed and it doesnt go any where near the inlet on my zetec motor.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.