Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: piping up alloy fuel tank
daniel mason

posted on 1/11/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
piping up alloy fuel tank

i have the mnr aloy fuel tank in my car at the moment which has the 2 outlets on the top, plus the filler and 1 outlet on the bottom at the lowest point.
but as i had the fuel pump and level sender from my s2000 donor i have drilled this into top of the tank am am going to use it for the car! this also has a pickup and a return which i will need to use so what can i do with the existing outlets? can i put a small link between the top 2 and a longer peice of hose on the bottom outlet tied to the chassis (higher than the tank) as a vent?

Bluemoon

posted on 1/11/10 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Same issue as used siera sender. Just linked with a bit of fuel hose. Had a seperate vent though to filler cap.

You could block one off with a bolt (that has a sholder) down a short peace of rubber pipe. The other (the return, wich should be to the top of the tank) could then become you vent.

[Edited on 1/11/10 by Bluemoon]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 2/11/10 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
I think you'd be much better off using a top one as a vent and blocking off the bottom one. It's not going to vent properly like that.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.