Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lambda sensor wiring
Johneturbo

posted on 21/6/11 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Lambda sensor wiring

I've got a wideband lambda sensor as part of my power commander V autotune set up
but the wiring is a little bit on the short side from the sensor.. would it be ok to cut/extend the wires or would it effect the readings?

here's a piccy of the sensor the multiplug plugs into a longer loom but it would mean having the big plug outside the car :/

Lambda sensor
Lambda sensor

lambda sensor
lambda sensor

[Edited on 21/6/11 by Johneturbo]

mark chandler

posted on 21/6/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
The plug on the sensor may be more than it seems, they tend to have a sensor built into the plug, I guess it measures fresh air so you really need to piece out on the loom side, not the sensor side.

Regards Mark

Johneturbo

posted on 22/6/11 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Mark, i've still got your Cortina hubs if you ever need/want them

What i wanted to do is cut the wires between the sensor and that miltiplug and add a section about 12" just so it can be extended it will be as it is but longer with a couple joints for the extra wire length

or would that mess up the readings/calibration

Strontium Dog

posted on 22/6/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
The plug on a normal wideband probe does not contain a sensor but has a calibration resister in it.

I have extended by a small length the looms on a couple of probes I have fitted and never had a problem. To check it or when calibrating it if needed, you can do a free air test. Just google "lambda free air test" for lots of info on how to do this. Unfortunately I have not used a power commander so I'm not familiar with the software!

Hope that helps, Si.

Johneturbo

posted on 22/6/11 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Ok Si thanks
i've done a bit of googling and looks like you can buy extentions that plug in, so cutting the loom should have the same effect i guess, i've also emailed a company that sells them for afr gauges to see what they think

not had much luck speaking to anyone at dynojet :/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.