Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What is my MK Indy R worth?
Sloan85

posted on 22/2/14 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
What is my MK Indy R worth?

I may be looking to sell my Indy R to free up some cash but not sure what it would be worth though. Any ideas? Its been the road since September and is a 63 plate with a GSXR 1000 K1. Build cost was £13k.

Thread with a load of photos just before IVA

My build diary

[Edited on 22/2/14 by Sloan85]

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

mikele

posted on 22/2/14 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Around 10-11k would be the range i'd imagine depending on the spec and how quick you want to sell it.

I sold my 08 mk but with a later k6 gsxr for 8700.

[Edited on 22/2/14 by mikele]

zx12r dug

posted on 22/2/14 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi very nice car mate personally id keep it.Prices nowadays vairy so much its allways going to be worth more to you than what someones willing to pay i hope you get top dollar for it.
I very much like the carbon dash is that mks........

Sloan85

posted on 23/2/14 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
Not in a massive hurry to sell. As I said, its just a thought at the minute. Tempted to do a distance learning degree which starts in September so could sell any time until then. I would love to keep the car but I have achieved my dream of building a car so if I have to let it go to achieve another goal then it won't matter.

When you say spec, what sort of things are you referring to? (I've listed some stuff below - anything I've missed?

Engine - GSXR 1000 K1 with billet sump and swinging pick up. uprated clutch springs. (engine had 19000 on it, Ive done 500 in the car).
Diff/prop etc - Recon Ford Sierra
Brakes - Wilwood Powerlite on the front, new sierra on the rear.
Wheels are Team Dynamics 1.2 with Yokohama A539s
Carbon dash with savage switches
MK electric reverse
Cooling system - Silicone hoses and alloy tank
Intake - custom aluminium box with NACA duct on nose cone
Seats/Harnesses - MK GRP seats with Sabelt harnesses

Quality wise - the IVA inspector said it was up there with the best he has ever seen (which was nice, to hear!)

When would be the best time of year to sell?

Cheers

James

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

snapper

posted on 23/2/14 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Best time of year is when the weather turns warm, early summer
By middle end summer the market is dropping away and the price you can command drops
Never sell in the rain or cold, always buy

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

bobinspain

posted on 25/2/14 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Like anything, it's good old fashioned 'supply and demand.'

The advice I'd give is to be realistic in your expectations. 'Quality buyers' can be a bit thin on the ground, with plenty of tyre-kickers, dreamers and fantasists. If the right buyer comes along with money burning a hole in his pocket and he falls in love with the car, then you're made.

My own experience of MK ownership was an expensive one, but in losing my mechanical backup (in the shape of a 'tame' spark/mechanic who'd work for mate's rates), I was one breakdown away being stranded. If you are capable of maintaining the car yourself, then you won't have the problem I had and that will go a long way to determining whether you hold out for your asking price.

I advertised mine on for 18,000€ on Pistonheads, and several Spanish car sites. The buyer here in Spain spotted the P/H ad. I sold four months ago for 15,500€ cash. My car was 20 months old 1000 miler Gen 2 Busa (with 60 miles on it when transplanted). PC5, Flatshifter Expert, I fully specced-up the factory build in conjunction with MK. Cost me 18,000€, but with transport out here and matriculation for Spanish roads, the final figure came to near 21,000€.

My buyer was a 100% good guy who had owned an MK (R1) previously, along with a Z-Cars Mini. The deal went through super-smoothly.

You've probably noticed that there are many MKs on the continent (particularly Italy, Spain, France). They are competetively priced against LHD factory supplied 'Caterfields' here. Down in Malaga the concessionaire's are asking 30-40K€; outrageously silly-money. Right or left hooker doesn't really make that much difference to price here, so I'd definitely recommend you advertise on P/H. I'd wait until april too, just as the good weather's coming.

I got about 15 enquiries from dreamers via Spanish websites, and one enquiry via P/H. That one enquirer was the guy who bought the car.

Good luck!

jamesd

posted on 27/2/14 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
A great car, I wish one like this had come up for sale when I was looking to buy.

I've been using your build diary to help put my indy k4 build together. In fact I don't know where I would have been without it. So a massive thank you for that.

Good luck with the sale.

Brackers

posted on 5/4/14 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
It's a lovely example, looks fantastic, great quality. I have a 60 plate with a fireblade in, trying to smarten up to this kind of level though! I think at least 10k but that's for quick sale.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.