Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "How to" OEM Focus ST170 ecu with Pats info.
Matteoman

posted on 3/2/17 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
I don't believe there is a non return valve in the tank but I'll find out.

I must say when the fuel line and fuel filter was empty it primed fine im sure it did if that means anything

big_wasa

posted on 3/2/17 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I am just wondering if the stutter is because it's going twice to build pressure ?
Matteoman

posted on 3/2/17 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Do st's have any kind of fuel filter on them? That's the only thing I have in the feed to the rail from the tank. Odd how I think it primed fine when the filter and line was empty but I'll double check that tomorrow afternoon.
big_wasa

posted on 3/2/17 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Standard pre and post pump filters. A nylon sack in the surge pot and a standard metal canister near the tank.
big_wasa

posted on 3/2/17 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Being a non return system it could be stalling the pump ?
Matteoman

posted on 3/2/17 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
So my fuel line is identical to the st now then it's as you describe above.

Yeah I guess it's a possibility. Like I say it starts fine and revs fine. I guess the test is get it on open roads and see how it drives to highlight any possible issue

Davelarcs

posted on 4/5/17 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
OBD missing pins & one extra?

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the site, been using this to set up an st170 for use in my Ford 100e, found it very handy, big shout out to Big Wassa for all the work he's put into this.

I've got a couple of questions, hopefully someone can answer.

On pin 7 on the OBD port, I've got a wire, but not sure where it goes? According to other stuff I,ve looked at it identifies to the reader what protocol it runs.

On the ECU pin 28 theres a wire "Telemetrics", can't find a home for this one either, does it go to the above pin 7?

Also my OBD doesn't have the pins for canbus, but the ECU does have the wires, can I add these if I use an atermarket OBD connector?

Hope these questions made sense, thanks for looking.

big_wasa

posted on 4/5/17 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Pin 7

Could be to tell the reader what the protocol is. The reading I've done suggests it is to put the ecu into programming mode.

So your guess is as good as mine.

Telemetrix.

Again the ecu connects into things like the stereo and phone. Again I am not 100% sure on why but have read a few things but none relevant to an anglia. Leave it disconnected.

Davelarcs

posted on 5/5/17 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Big Wassa,

Thank you for your reply, I'll leave them both disconnected and see what happens, I'm waiting for an OBD reader to come in the post, once I've got that, I'll see if it connects, if not then I'll have a go again.

So far I've got the loom done and powered up to prove the PATS is working, still got a bit of work to do before I can test the engine with it.

big_wasa

posted on 5/5/17 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Stick some photos up. It's good to see other projects and a big help to other projects seeing how it all fits in.

Big fitment issue being the inlet manifold.

Davelarcs

posted on 8/5/17 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Will do when a get five, I,ve flipped the inlet up-side-down and had to fabricate a new fuel rail, sump, pick-up pipe, at this stage still hoping its gonna work.
Davelarcs

posted on 11/5/17 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Here follows some pics:

Hopefully these have worked, been a while since I did this..

Home made exhaust manifold from the scrap bin of the local exhaust shop.
[img]http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/davelarcs/media/image1_zpshdpcfgsm.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/img]

[img]http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/davelarcs/media/image2_zps0lboplrc.jpg.html?o=9[/img]
[img]http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/davelarcs/media/image3_zpsrosistnz.jpg.html?o=12[/img]
[img]http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/davelarcs/media/image3_zpsrosistnz.jpg.html?o=12[/img]

[Edited on 11/5/17 by Davelarcs]

Davelarcs

posted on 11/5/17 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
OK? What am I doinf wrong? Just checked this and I can't see any pics, just the URL stuff. I'm clearly being a bit dim here
big_wasa

posted on 11/5/17 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote

big_wasa

posted on 11/5/17 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Photo bucket is naf.

I would love to see a vid of if running when your done.

Mash

posted on 11/5/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa

Great to see progress at least I know some one tried it.

Hi BW, sorry to hijack your thread, but I have an ST170 (looking to convert it to RWD eventually) and I have a silly question.

what's the software you use to interrogate it in this video? I have ELM2 set up but I don't seem to get as much info from it and don't get any live data

I have a really daft problem at the mo, having swapped out the seats for RS Sparco ones, and they don't have airbags and the OEM seats do, I now have an airbag light constantly on. I am playing with resistors to try and compensate, but if that fails I'd like to just turn them off, as this must be the cae with the MK1 RS, so better software would help.

thanks in advance,

mike

big_wasa

posted on 12/5/17 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
That's not my software or laptop. I just put the vid on for the guy.

I used the software that came with the cloned Elm dongle.

're your seat belt pre tensioners. On my Scooby I used the resistor mod and it worked fine until I bought the hardware to do it properly. A Tactic dongle.

On a Ford of St170 vintage. The engine ecu is just that. There is a Bcu, also known as a Gem's for the car body stuff.

There is a modified Elm that has been made to right to the modual. You have to join a website and apply and be accepted to get the software. I bought the dongle months ago but hav'nt had the time or inclination to get the software yet.

I will get you some details over the weekend. I need to sort it so I can look into a second lambda delete for a decat on an Rs controlled hybrid engine.

Mash

posted on 12/5/17 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
cheers Mate, that would be really helpful.

I'm also considering getting an airbag module from an RS Mk1 which should have no side airbags but still have the passenger and driver front airbags. Thatt way I reckon I could just swap mine for it and it should work, but we'll see......

By the way, you're the fist person who hasn't said I'm mad for wanting a rwd ST170

big_wasa

posted on 12/5/17 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Rwd anything is a thumbs up. Shame the focus rust out so fast.
Mash

posted on 16/5/17 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Your-nme
Small update: the engine is running well.
Have two questions and hope you can help.
1. The hose thet is inbetween the air intake and the airchamber below the cilinders (you had closed this part). I'm having a high vacuum that the hose closes itself. Is that ok?
2. Trying to connect a digidash2 lite. Have to connet the tacho to the ecu. Read that pin 48 is for the tacho in many forums but that is only for the zetec ecu. Is there a pin on the st170 that does the trick? Have been searching the web but no succes until now.

Hi there Mate

Can you tell me what software you're running with the OBD and where you got it? I have ELM2 and have tried Forscan and others but I don't get the level of detail you show in your video.

Cheers, Mash

Matteoman

posted on 22/5/17 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there

Big Wasa if your around could I ask a question regarding the obd plug pinout?

I can't seem to gain access and have checked my pins towards your diagram, I found pin 14 of the obd plug isn't there at all and pin 6 isn't there either but I have a pin 7? All other pins on your diagram match up and go to the corresponding locations.

Many thanks

big_wasa

posted on 23/5/17 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Is this an st170 loom and plug ?

None Can enabled cars are missing the two pins you describe. This is a fiesta obd2

Matteoman

posted on 24/5/17 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I am sure the dash splices into the Standard corporate bus (scp).

Should be able to find the colours in the dash plug.

Hi Wasa on page 3 of this thread it shows your comment with an obd plug pin out. 14 + 6 show as CAN wires. Which are what's missing on mine

That picture you've just put up I have all them pins intact and I have that pin 7

I don't know if our st's have these pins or not

Thanks mate

adamswifty

posted on 24/5/17 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've just had a look at mine as this rang a bell, it looks like i added 6 and 14 to the connector. Cannot recall if it was needed in the end and the engine is not in a state to test, though no harm adding?
big_wasa

posted on 24/5/17 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MatteomanI don't know if our st's have these pins or not ,Thanks mate

is this a uk St170 ?

ive played with a few and they all have had the can function.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.