Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wideband Lambda Kits - Genuine Bosch Sensors?
birdii

posted on 25/10/17 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Wideband Lambda Kits - Genuine Bosch Sensors?

Hi,
I'm interested to know what type of lambda sensor people are normally supplied with in wideband kits such as the spartan?

I've received my spartan today from Kee Automotive and I can see that the lsu 4.9 sensor isn't Bosch. It doesn't have Bosch printed on the probe and no part number. Was also just in a clear bag.

So the advert said "comes with Bosch 4.9 sensor" so that's what I expected.
Do I expect too much for the price? Is it normal to get non genuine sensors in these kits?

What's also pissing me off is that this same business has another website called classic fuel injection where the same kit is another £15 cheaper.
Originally I ordered from extraefi but they were out of stock - shame!
Dan

chris

posted on 26/10/17 at 02:34 AM Reply With Quote
I also had my first lambda sensor from Phil at extra efi then got my second from eBay at very reasonable price and it was a genuine bosch
CosKev3

posted on 26/10/17 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
My LD Performance kit came with a gen sensor

If they have advertised it as coming with a Bosch sensor I would be calling them and finding out why they are sending out copies.

furryeggs

posted on 26/10/17 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
My innovate LC-2 was supplied with a genuine Bosche sensor
theduck

posted on 26/10/17 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I have a spartan from extraefi and came with genuine boxed bosch 4.9 sensor
birdii

posted on 26/10/17 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Think i'm going to push for a refund but so far the seller hasn't been very accepting of my issue- more whats your problem, they work.

Looked at the sensor again, no marks at all on the sensor but the plastic connector has a bosch part number on it but the Bosch logo has been destroyed with an etcher - never a sign of honest work!

Actually dropped Phil at extraefi an email and hes not sure that the latest kits coming to him arent the same so it looks like something Spartan are doing. He's going to check properly tonight.

The niggle is the price, a non Bosch sensor should be about £40 less in my opinion but i would be for ever wondering if the reading was accurate.

Dan

r1_pete

posted on 26/10/17 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
My Spartan came from 14.7 with a Bosch sensor about a month ago...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
birdii

posted on 26/10/17 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
In my quest to look for another supplier i emailed emerald this afternoon as they sell the spartan. On my request Karl checked what they had and found the same, sensors unboxed, no brand name or part number and the logo on the connector destroyed with an etcher. He said they had definitely been Bosch before and this was the first batch that had been different. He was going to make enquiries with Spartan, hopefully a simple explanation for the change.
MikeRJ

posted on 27/10/17 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if they are a crappy as this clone. The calibration resistor is so bad it would be funny if it weren't for the possibility of engine damage.
birdii

posted on 27/10/17 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
This is the response Spartan gave to the seller regarding my query:

The sensor head (the important part) is made by Bosch.
The cabling, connector and calibration is done by a 3rd party for us.
Functionally they are identical. ( as it has the genuine Bosch sensor head )

Spartan have had a good reputation, i'd like to think that they haven't done anything to risk quality but it sounds odd to me.

Opinions?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.