Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air box plumbing
furryeggs

posted on 25/10/18 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Air box plumbing

Just a quick question... I'm half way through adding an airbox to my throttle bodies to drop the db, as it's a little on the loud side.
I'm going to run the cam cover breather into the box, is there anything else I need to plumb into it? I currently have the vac line on the inlet blanked off and the fuel pressure regulator open to air. Do these need plumbing to the box as well?

rusty nuts

posted on 25/10/18 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Possibly an intake air temperature sensor?
furryeggs

posted on 25/10/18 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Possibly an intake air temperature sensor?

Forgot about that, it's currently in the nose cone as there was'nt enough room in the ramair filter plate

furryeggs

posted on 11/1/19 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
So I have finally got round to finishing my new airbox (pictures to follow). I have 2 questions...

1: I know I’ll have to have a remap as i have swapped from a open sausage filter. The idle is noticeably lower so should i adjust it in the map or on the idle screw on the TB’s, or both.

2: The amount of room i have up front means my air intake is at the back of the bonnet like caterhams, with a cone filter in its own box and a cut out. Can this be just left open or should i fit a scoop to channel air into it? It’s a 180mm x 85mm cut into the bonnet to match a cooling cut out on the otherside. Fitting a scoop will decrease the size of the inlet to about a 70mm diameter hole.

I can get pictures loaded this weekend if anyones interested.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.