Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA fail from 2011
MrMaddog

posted on 6/12/20 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
IVA fail from 2011

Good evening all,

This is my first post on the forum.

My question is regarding a retest of a MK that failed IVA back in May 2011 that has been stored until now.
would I be able to get the car accepted for test without having to prove Amateur build with pics and Invoices etc?
This has obviously already been done when the car was accepted for test in 2011 under the IVA scheme.
We do have the fail certificate from VOSA as proof of course, but no pics, just a sales invoice for the Chassis kit back in August 2005.

Thanks In advance
Mark

CosKev3

posted on 6/12/20 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure there is a time limit on retests.

So my guess will be full retest,paperwork from back then won't come into it.

Deckman001

posted on 6/12/20 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Also, I'm afraid there are several changes to the tests from then to now. The retest limit is 6 months and after that, a full new application is needed.
Sorry

Jason

MrMaddog

posted on 7/12/20 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks gents!
I've also emailed VOSA.
Lets hope they reply.

Deckman001

posted on 7/12/20 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrMaddog
Thanks gents!
I've also emailed VOSA.
Lets hope they reply.

You should download a new IVA guide, and check over everything it says on the forms relating to your car, measurements and positioning as changes would make you fail if not updated.

loggyboy

posted on 7/12/20 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think the OPs question is more about amateur build status than a 'retest' based on the previous fail?
If so i dont think this is something that would be questioned heavily by them, its a declaration you make so would need something really odd to make them question it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/amateur-built-vehicles-declaration-iva-4

[Edited on 7-12-20 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

MrMaddog

posted on 18/12/20 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
I've now had a reply from VOSA.
They have told me to make an IVA application, including the fee, so they can consider it?
They flatly refuse to answer the direct question on lost build pics, even though there is a previous failure certificate from themselves.
I give up!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/12/20 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think pictures of the build are important. It's clearly unregistered and didn't come from Ford etc. I'm only taking pictures where things are a bit hidden like the seat belt mounts, inside the tunnel, behind panels, dash, wiring etc just to make the test easier...

What receipts and documents do you have? Mk should either have a copy of the receipt if you can give them a name and date. Their only trying to make sure you haven't stolen the parts to build this car. If you have a V5 for the donor that should cover all the important parts.

When I was buying my part finished kit I went round all the mechanicals checking the numbers matched.

[Edited on 18/12/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.