Board logo

tail wires complete, almost
derf - 24/10/05 at 01:30 PM

I just need to ground the trunk harness. I left the ground wire long (the black wire curled up). I also dont have a fuel cell yet, the bright wires hanging in the center will go to that, and one of those goes to the 3rd brake light, which I avnt figured out where it goes yet either...

Before the car is done I am going to go back and loom the whole harness to protect the wires from chaffing.

rear lights wired up
rear lights wired up

_Aero_ - 24/10/05 at 02:04 PM

Don't forget the license plate wiring, which is connected to the same circuit as the tail lights m8... can't see any Are those lights less than 400mm from the other edge - do the same rules apply for USA SVA as our UK SVA?

[Edited on 24/10/05 by _Aero_]

derf - 24/10/05 at 02:31 PM

No not even close, SVA is of no concern here, each state regulates their own type of SVA, which is quite easy to get around...

I have another curled up wire hidden from view (behind the ali pannel) for the plate light and ground, I plan to mount the plate on the right side rear arch, which I havn't fitted yet.

_Aero_ - 24/10/05 at 03:32 PM

Does your se7en have negative or positive ground Derf? I've heard most American Car's have Positive Earth is this still the case? I'm only asking cos I'm nosey!

derf - 24/10/05 at 03:44 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but my chassis is -Neg. As far as the chassis being +Pos, thats just a stupid way of doing things, I've never heard of a chassis being +Pos, every time you touch the ground and the car, or something touches the car it would be grounded, and most likely overload the battery and make it explode. I can just picture the fire resulting from that....

My chassis hooks to the -Neg side of the battery....

[Edited on 24/10/05 by derf]

BKLOCO - 24/10/05 at 05:39 PM

For information only.
Positive chassis/ground cars were commonplace in the 50's and 60's.
I believe the manufacturers switched to Negative chassis to try to reduce the corrosion problems caused by electrolosis...
I'm waiting to be shot down....

tks - 24/10/05 at 05:41 PM

Wy should something what hits the ground take power from the battery?

Rule one for electrics, there must be an circuit between the 2 poles...

Sow your battery wouldn't explode...

Tks

Peteff - 24/10/05 at 07:36 PM

was used on cars fitted with dynamos ( magneto to U.S. residents) I don't know of any alternators using anything but - earth.