Board logo

Central Scotland Meetings
zilspeed - 25/4/04 at 08:53 PM

Hi

Is there anything planned soon - I wouldn't mind meeting some like minded souls - my wife thinks I'm crazy.....
It would give me an incentive to keep going with the tidying up operations on the car as well. If good weather can be arranged, the car will be there as well - just to let all those who are still wondering " I wonder how they actually go ?" see for themselves.
Let us know

JF - Cumbernauld

SeaBass - 26/4/04 at 07:30 AM

The meetings are normally at the Beefeater, Camelon, Falkirk... I wouldn't mind meeting up again...

Anyone going to the Scottish Kit Car Club meet tonight in Grangemouth??

http://www.skcc.co.uk

You never know we could have three Locosts there Stu???

Cheers

scotlad - 26/4/04 at 11:16 AM

i'll hopefully manage the next meet too- if im not working!

SeaBass - 26/4/04 at 12:38 PM

Holy moly, there could be four cars!!

Cheers

Gizmo - 27/4/04 at 11:53 AM

JF, as previously stated, like minded souls usually found in Craigmarloch Lodge on a Friday night, though not this Friday coming. I see from your pictures you've moved house !!

---john---

zilspeed - 27/4/04 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
JF, as previously stated, like minded souls usually found in Craigmarloch Lodge on a Friday night, though not this Friday coming. I see from your pictures you've moved house !!

---john---

Indeed
Were you racing at Kames on Sunday there ?
Green Subaru ? I'm crap with faces, or I would have said hello.

Gizmo - 27/4/04 at 07:54 PM

Yep, car was double entered, you met both of us when I came to look at your chassis. Unfortunately had to use my daily driver as neither Davids car or mine are in one piece yet.

---john---

zilspeed - 27/4/04 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Yep, car was double entered, you met both of us when I came to look at your chassis. Unfortunately had to use my daily driver as neither Davids car or mine are in one piece yet.

---john---

The locoblade was mega - I must make arrangements to get out there soon.
Who Do I speak to ? - Apart from Sir Jock of Drumclog

zilspeed - 27/4/04 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:

---john---

P.S. I remember you both coming over of course - just struggled to remember faces that's all.

Gizmo - 28/4/04 at 08:07 PM

You'd need to join EACC. Then you can use the track. Keys can be had from any of the club committee, the chairman stays quit close to you !!

zilspeed - 28/4/04 at 09:10 PM

quote:
You'd need to join EACC. Then you can use the track. Keys can be had from any of the club committee, the chairman stays quit close to you !!

Ok - worked it out now - what I thought anyway.....
I shall certainly be joining the club - just sending an email to the secretary as we speak.

MarkD - 4/5/04 at 04:33 PM

JC - I went to the Scottish Kit car meeting in Grangemouth with Stu last year. Quite a few cars, but I thought the actual meeting was a bit of a bore, it was full of minutes and actions and had a chairman and a committee - it felt more like work than a kit car related social event!

So what's the date for the next Camelon Beefeater meeting? 14, 21, 28? Stu, when are you back onshore?

SeaBass - 4/5/04 at 05:22 PM

I know what you mean. I did go to the meeting but arrived "late" at about 8:20. I completely missed out on social standing around chatting and straight into serious meeting as you described! Wasn't that bad though some amusing stories were mixed in as well.

I'm up for next Camelon meet whenever

Cheers
JC

Big Stu - 6/5/04 at 07:19 PM

21st good for me, let make sure we get a date that we will be able to have more than one motor at, and maybe a more suitable location for the Edinburgh lads...

scotlad - 6/5/04 at 09:29 PM

SeaBass - 7/5/04 at 07:20 AM

Sounds good Stu, got those Webers tuned yet?

Is there anywhere in Linlithgow with a decent car park and beer facilities that we could meet at??

Scotlad how you finding driving the car? Weather's been pretty crappy recently.

Cheers
JC

scotlad - 7/5/04 at 10:22 AM

yeah jc it has, though had great fun shower dodging around east lothian the other day. off to knockhill to a glenrothes motor sport club tracknight tonight. must avoid gravel, must avoid gravel, must avoid gravel...............

SeaBass - 7/5/04 at 12:50 PM

Have you got any protection on those rear arches? Within the first week I decided to slap on some black styrene arch guards, even these have little marks on them now, but they're easily replaced by making up some more from the template.

Sometimes if I'm tweaking something I take the car out just wearing ski goggles. Even the slightest road dust from cars in front feel like a good old facial shotblasting! Not to mention the flys in your teeth lol.

Cheers

zilspeed - 7/5/04 at 10:03 PM

Anything definite on a night yet ??

dave1888 - 8/5/04 at 05:14 PM

who about cadgers brae travel inn (brewsters) just off the m9 j5 at falkirk. Its a bit easier to get to.

scotlad - 8/5/04 at 10:11 PM

Sounds fine to me. on the topic of arch guards- wanted to try without to see but they are prob necessary. are the styrene ones any good?

zilspeed - 9/5/04 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
who about cadgers brae travel inn (brewsters) just off the m9 j5 at falkirk. Its a bit easier to get to.

On the 21st of May ?
Or am I being thick again ?

SeaBass - 9/5/04 at 09:34 AM

Ok then:

Friday 21st May @ Brewsters j5 M9 Falkirk from 7:30 onwards...

I'll be there with the Locost. Who else?
Stu I want to have a real good look at that Zetec install might be copying you! Have you seen the blue Zetec Locost running Jenvey's, a member of the SKCC? Can't remember his name. Sweet install...

Cheers
JC

zilspeed - 9/5/04 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Ok then:

Friday 21st May @ Brewsters j5 M9 Falkirk from 7:30 onwards...

I'll be there with the Locost. Who else?

Cheers
JC

Me too - gives me some incentive to tidy up the more extremely scabby bits. Around the front and interior mostly. It does go well enough and is a scary enough incentive for all those needing some inspiration. Your car is more an example of how to do a nice job .

Look forward to it.

SeaBass - 9/5/04 at 11:44 AM

I'll definitely be the slowest Locost about! Next winter is going to be spent upgrading...

Good we've got two people going who else??

Cheers

dave1888 - 9/5/04 at 01:39 PM

Ill be there. Looking forward to seeing some finished cars.

scotlad - 9/5/04 at 05:27 PM

yup i shall be there too

ps somebody please remind me nearer the time- got a memory like a sieve!

[Edited on 9/5/04 by scotlad]

zilspeed - 9/5/04 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
I'll definitely be the slowest Locost about! Next winter is going to be spent upgrading...

Good we've got two people going who else??

Cheers

Hey - I never said mine was quick, just scary. Although the more I drive it the less it scares me.
P.S. really looking forward to the meeting - it'll be good to see some tidy examples. Camera will be present , so comb your hair everyone

scotlad - 9/5/04 at 09:37 PM

lol tidy??? seabasses maybe.........

Big Stu - 10/5/04 at 07:09 AM

I'll be there, should have the motor if I can gaffer tape the wheel arch back on... As for the name of the chap with the blue zetec, I can't remember but I phoned him a couple of times for information about the zetec. The last time I seen that motor it had a custom plenum chamber, I guess he changed it to throttle boddies.

See you all soon (If this fog ever goes away!)

Cheers

Stuart

[Edited on 10/5/04 by Big Stu]

MarkD - 11/5/04 at 04:01 PM

Should be there, might be a bit later than 7:30.

Stu - when are you going to fit those clamshells?

Ewan & Dunc, we could all go in the same car - that way some of us could have a drink?

SeaBass - 11/5/04 at 05:46 PM

I'll bring the camera and take some pics hopefully a lineup... Could put them on a page on the site.. Central Scotland Locost Club anyone?

That way I could value my own car and send off the (very professional looking by the time I've finished)valuation form for insurance!

Cheers

zilspeed - 11/5/04 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Central Scotland Locost Club anyone?

Oh yess !!

Err - I was kinda hoping someone would make that suggestion, that way I know it's not just me

I'm in !!

P.S. Check new thread

Dunc - 12/5/04 at 02:46 PM

I pass it everyday but is that the pub restaurant next to the garden centre? See who can lap the car park the quickest then .

Big Stu - 18/5/04 at 01:42 PM

Everyone still good for Friday, I will be there from 7:30.

scotlad - 18/5/04 at 02:36 PM

yup- hope the sun's out!

SeaBass - 18/5/04 at 03:45 PM

See you there chums...

Stu: I just bought a prime lump of metal and plastic. Looks very similar to something I saw under the bonnet of your car...

Cheers

[Edited on 18/5/04 by SeaBass]

Big Stu - 18/5/04 at 06:10 PM

At least I waited a few months before putting a new engine into it. Give me a shout if I can be of any assistance.

SeaBass - 18/5/04 at 06:50 PM

Winter project mate, got to get all the bits and pieces first...

Cheers

zilspeed - 18/5/04 at 07:26 PM

Now I'm jealous - very jealous

P.S.

Friday good - me there - crap car - xflow..........grrrrrrrrrr

MarkD - 21/5/04 at 08:29 AM

Hope everyone is still on for tonight and that the weather brightens up for you guys.

Dunc, Stu - not sure what time I'll get there, but I can drop you off on the way back if you want to have a few beers.

SeaBass - 21/5/04 at 10:06 AM

Weather is good for tonight apparently according to met office. Good sat and sun as well...

Cheers

Dunc - 21/5/04 at 01:32 PM

I'll be there tonight.

Dunc.

zilspeed - 21/5/04 at 04:29 PM

5.25 pm

Weather in Cumbernauld been dreadfull all day. It will seriously have to improve before I even think about setting out. I don't mind finishing a journey in the rain, but setting out in the rain is just plain nuts :-(
Here's hoping

There's a huge cloud hovering over m house as we speak - the type that makes you think daylight is a figment of your imagination.
Still - hope springs eternal.....

Big Stu - 21/5/04 at 04:59 PM

weather a few miles from the pub is not bad, been dry all day, bit overcast but dry...

MarkD - 21/5/04 at 05:49 PM

Been in Glasgow all day. Weather was great - almost shorts and teeshirts time.

Driving back along the A80 at 6PM, the rain was torrential from Moodiesburn onwards, cleared up at Castlecary. Someone must have been doing a rain dance in Westerwood!

Yours faithfully, Michael Fish.

dave1888 - 22/5/04 at 08:50 AM

Nice cars on display last night. Wish id bought a MK now Still one consolation I can't blame myself for dodgy fitting of bodywork)

zilspeed - 22/5/04 at 09:03 AM

The Mk was very very tidy wasn't it ?

Now I've seen one I understand. There is that clear sign of quality from everything on them. Still would be scared of fireblade performance though

Thanks to all who turned out, it's nice to put some faces to names and even nicer to get some inspiration to do all those jobs.

That was my first motorway run of any distance last night - hadn't looked forward to it at all. Much nicer than I had feared. Oh and it seems I have a bust tail light as well - but I guess you all clocked that as I drove away......

Hornet - 22/5/04 at 08:06 PM

Aye.. was a pleasure meeting you all.
I cant get rid of this grin after my wee hurl )
Tx again

zilspeed - 22/5/04 at 08:23 PM

Was that you that denounced the holy xflow after your go in the Indy fireblade ?

I was too feart to take up the kind offer of a shot. Toooo hot for me - even from the left hand seat.

scotlad - 22/5/04 at 10:25 PM

Nice to meet you all- glad the weather came good, though we almost had frostbite by the time we got home- the exhaust makes a great hand warmer! See you all again soon for another chinwag!!

and glad you enjoyed Hornet

[Edited on 22/5/04 by scotlad]

scotlad - 22/5/04 at 10:27 PM

Did you make it home ok Stu??? we were all a bit worried in case you ran out of oil and ground to a halt!

Big Stu - 23/5/04 at 12:16 AM

Made it home, I had to pick my mate up at the station. He was stnding on the plaform, I shouted run.... why, coz there is oil pissing on the ground and I want to make it back home. Pulled in the drive, (100 foot brand new mono blocks) and ran a nice black line all the way up it. opps.

Still I have decided two things;

Firstly I am going to raise the engine about 1 inch, and stop showing off, and secondly that I am going to build a MK over the winter.

Nice meeting everyone, looking forward to the next time.

Cheers

Stuart

SeaBass - 24/5/04 at 12:48 PM

Yeah good to see you guys. Had the best weekend yet with the car. Friday meet then Sat and Sun blasting round Ingliston with random punters.

I've got some good photos of everyones cars from the meet I'll post them on the site soon when I update it (i'll blast out the reg's)

Cheers

[Edited on 24/5/04 by SeaBass]

SeaBass - 25/5/04 at 12:42 PM

Pics here:
http://www.collinhq.freeserve.co.uk/events/locostmeet0504/locostmeet 0504.htm

Cheers

zilspeed - 25/5/04 at 07:13 PM

Glad someone remembered to bring a camera. Nice wee memento of a chilled out night.
P.S. Your car is even nicer in the flesh - very well done.