Board logo

Chassis powder coat scotland
sdh2903 - 19/6/16 at 06:17 PM

Anyone had a chassis powder coated in Scotland? Any recommendations? I'm in Glasgow but have access to a works van to go a bit further afield if required for a decent job. Am after a chassis, bones and interior ally panels doing.

Cheers
Steve

olberj - 19/6/16 at 08:56 PM

Chameleon Coatings have done stuff for friends before but not a full chassis.

hearbear - 19/6/16 at 11:04 PM

Try this lot had a TV stand done there and they were doing large sections of fencing at the time, they did a 1st class job of my stand so might be worth trying. Covanhill

van cleef - 20/6/16 at 05:25 AM

These guys have a great reputation up with me. Last time I used them, they fixed my glass fibre splitter and I'm away to get my wheels powder coated soon. For some reason they don't advertise their powder coating services on their website,but they have a great reputation for it.

http://www.ppsglassfibre.co.uk

sdh2903 - 20/6/16 at 07:29 AM

Cheers for the suggestions. I've used chameleon when they were in Renfrew but not since they changed owners and location. I'll give em a bell.

Not seen many that advertise doing big stuff, pentland over in edin burgh and p and j coatings in Glasgow are 2 that do but I'd prefer a personal reccomendation before commiting tho.

I will give the suggested places a call this morning.

theprisioner - 20/6/16 at 09:22 AM

Ever thought of POR Hardnose (2 pack) chassis paint, when sprayed on it is better than power coating (it is more durable) and looks just as good.

sdh2903 - 20/6/16 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theprisioner
Ever thought of POR Hardnose (2 pack) chassis paint, when sprayed on it is better than power coating (it is more durable) and looks just as good.

Yes I've considered doing that. But I'm not sure I trust my prowess with the spray gun to get a decent finish.

theprisioner - 20/6/16 at 11:30 AM

For god's sake don't do it yourself get someone with an air fed mask to do it. That stuff isosianate based. At least buy a proper mask otherwise it is very easy to spray. I hand paint any repairs and it comes up superbly after 3 years a lot of it on a track.

sdh2903 - 20/6/16 at 11:42 AM

Haha don't worry have access to an air fed mask should i chose to do it my self. Where did you get yours done?

theprisioner - 20/6/16 at 04:07 PM

I use a chap called Aliblast (Alastair McGill) - Linlithgow. He is ace, sand blasts the whole chassis, etch primer, two coats of POR. He borrows my mask for such jobs. I don't like the stuff even in my workshop.

sdh2903 - 20/6/16 at 04:45 PM

I've sent you a u2u