Board logo

Rear fog lamp fitting.
paulf - 24/8/02 at 09:44 PM

I need to fit the rear fog lamp to my car and have two options.
I have a below bumper mounted type light but suspect it would be to low if mounted to the rear chassis rail.
The other choice is to fit a square type foglamp to the rear panel but the lens would then not be vertical as the rear panel is at an angle, i have seen cars with this arrangment but am unsure if it willpass SVA. Stuart Taylor seem to get away with it however.
Paul.

theconrodkid - 25/8/02 at 07:02 AM

I used a below bumper type on mine ,just mount it on the back pannel and adjust so it is vertical

David Jenkins - 25/8/02 at 01:04 PM

If it helps, I have the SVA manual open (I've just fitted my front indicators!)

Max height = 1000mm
Min height = 250mm

On centreline, or offside, min 100mm from stop lamp.

cheers,

David

Peteff - 27/8/02 at 10:51 AM

Mount it on an upstand bracket from below the rear chassis then change it to where you want it after the sva.

yours, Pete Ffrench

David Jenkins - 27/8/02 at 11:26 AM

quote:

The other choice is to fit a square type foglamp to the rear panel but the lens would then not be vertical as the rear panel is at an angle, i have seen cars with this arrangment but am unsure if it willpass SVA.

Paul,

The square fog light I bought at a show has a reversable back plate - one way mounts it flat to the panel, and the other gives it a slope. The slope can be varied by cutting the backplate. Mine comes out vertical on my back panel.

cheers,

David